Cheap flights back to london or manchester

embydoops

Guest proud2beaussie

You are travelling at a very busy time of the year so fares are a bit higher than normal,best I can do at the moment is $1224.85 with Malaysian Airlines,via Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow,that's about standard for most carriers at the moment,if you could get yourself to the Gold Coast,Melbourne or Perth you may get a cheap fare on Air Asia.

Welcome to AirAsia.com, The World's Best Low-Cost Airline

I'm happy to keep looking for you to see if I can find something cheaper but the chances are not good at this late stage.

Cheers

Edited to add:Can do Korean Air for $1135.00 but that's via Seoul and is 42 hours duration.

You could also try http://www.cheapflights.com.au

http://www.zuji.com.au

http://www.expedia.com.au

Guest proud2beaussie

I will check with my contacts at one of the wholesalers and get back to you a little later,I take it you would prefer a direct flight to Manchester?

Guest proud2beaussie

Ok I can do $992.00 with Singapore Airlines via Singapore,send me a PM for details on how to book if this suits.

Guest vidal1974

Hey Nigel, please forgive my ignorance, but do you work in travel?

I wonder if you would have some info on rules for car seats aboard the planes?

If you're not in travel, where are you finding these fabby flight prices? My daughter (age at travel 18 mths) and I will be going home to the UK end of Feb and I thought that was a low season time of year, but I have not found anything that cheap. I was looking at Qantas though and I want a seat for my daughter too! I need a good carrier because I will be ravelling alone with a toddler and I noticed Qantas are usually pretty good with kiddies.

Vid :)

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Vidal,

Yes I am a travel agent with my own independent agency,I have over 12 years experience in the industry,if you would like to send me a PM I can try and answer your questions about car seats etc.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest proud2beaussie
Hi,

can anyone advise me on prices of one way flights back to the UK in March or April?

Regards

To get an accurate price you would need to be a bit more definete about dates but

taking Monday 08 March as an example Etihad can do SYD-LHR for $974.00 one way,

low cost carriers such as Air Asia who fly Gold Coast,Melbourne and Perth to Stansed via Kuala Lumpur often have fares as low as $450.00 but you get what you pay for.

To get an accurate price you would need to be a bit more definete about dates but

taking Monday 08 March as an example Etihad can do SYD-LHR for $974.00 one way,

low cost carriers such as Air Asia who fly Gold Coast,Melbourne and Perth to Stansed via Kuala Lumpur often have fares as low as $450.00 but you get what you pay for.

sorry I meant to say sydney to london somewhere - even manchester- dates are relative to a new passport arrival ;)

Guest proud2beaussie
Does it pay to buy last minute?

Generally not,most carriers have their passenger lists pretty well firmed up by about 4 weeks before a flight and there is not a big last minute fare industry in Australia,leaving it to late often means that you are stuck with full economy fares that are sometimes 40 -50% higher than if you book reasonably early.

As the cost of aviation fuel starts to rise again I can only see an increase in fares,I believe that we have just about come to the end of the discount fare cycle and predict that within a few months fares will be about 20 to 30% higher than they are now.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pierre008

Hi Nigel

New to this website so don't have full privileges.Could you have a look at flights to Manchester from Brisbane around 30/4/10 4 adults 2 kids 1x5yrs 1x2yrs one way Business class?You could email them if you wish.Thanks Peter.Date is flexible

Archived