Byron bay, Macksville or Coffs Harbour ?

Guest diddydiddydondon

Guest diddydiddydondon

Arrived with 3 youngish kids in Sunshine Coast/ Brisbane early Dec. Love the Sunshine Coast, nearly convinced to rent/buy. House prices very high, dont want to fall into big mortgage trap again. Oz is a fresh start away from rat race. Some friends fom Oz have said the above areas are really lovely for families. We would really value some wider opinions.

Guest Guest31881
there nice but moneywise they'd be on a par with sunny coast maybe dearer,hire a car and drive down and have a look,probably 3hrs or so on highway 1

Hi,

I just asked my wife and step daughter what you were asking, they come from that region, in fact my step daughter only move up to see us a few weeks ago,

This is their reply.

Byron bay, Known locally as the drug area.

Macksville, Nothing there for kids.

Coffs Harbour, Very nice but very expensive.

My appologies to PIO members who live in those areas, that is what my wife and step daughter tell me and they have lived there all their lives. I have never been. so shoot them not me....:biglaugh:

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

I just asked my wife and step daughter what you were asking, they come from that region, in fact my step daughter only move up to see us a few weeks ago,

This is their reply.

Byron bay, Known locally as the drug area.

Macksville, Nothing there for kids.

Coffs Harbour, Very nice but very expensive.

My appologies to PIO members who live in those areas, that is what my wife and step daughter tell me and they have lived there all their lives. I have never been. so shoot them not me....:biglaugh:

Coffs Harbour was badly affected by flooding I believe this year gone by:mad: Susie x

Guest Guest31881

Yes my step daughter has been flooded 3 times this year in Coffs. (2009)

That is why she moved to be with us

Guest siamsusie
Yes my step daughter has been flooded 3 times this year in Coffs. (2009)

I wonder whether that will have a bearing on home insurances Colin and sorry to hear that, I wouldnt wish that on anyone:wubclub: susie

Archived