SA to QLD

briggs

Hi,

I am moving to Adelaide in Jan 2010 with my partner. We are on the 475 state sponsorship visa. Our plans are eventually to move to Queensland. Is this possible with the 475 Visa? Could we both stay in Adelaide on this visa for 6 months then move up to regional areas in Queensalnd?

Hope i am making sense.

Thank you

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi,

I am moving to Adelaide in Jan 2010 with my partner. We are on the 475 state sponsorship visa. Our plans are eventually to move to Queensland. Is this possible with the 475 Visa? Could we both stay in Adelaide on this visa for 6 months then move up to regional areas in Queensalnd?

Hope i am making sense.

Thank you

Hi Briggs

Yes, you are making sense!

1. When did your plan to move to regional QLD come about?

2. What persuades you that your job prospects would be better in regional QLD than in Adelaide?

Cheers

Gill

Guest VickyMel
Hi,

Hi

I don't know myself (as we are looking at a 176 and there we are expected to stay 2 years). But saw this interesting thread a couple of days ago re the 475 regional SS and it looks as if it is possible on this visa...

It sounded as if you could go to any state (you do have to notify both states of the switch) as long as you remain in a regional area (but check it out - thats the way I read what people were saying)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/73273-state-sponsorship-do-we-have-stay-state.html

Good luck with it

Vickymel

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

I don't know myself (as we are looking at a 176 and there we are expected to stay 2 years). But saw this interesting thread a couple of days ago re the 475 regional SS and it looks as if it is possible on this visa...

It sounded as if you could go to any state (you do have to notify both states of the switch) as long as you remain in a regional area (but check it out - thats the way I read what people were saying)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/73273-state-sponsorship-do-we-have-stay-state.html

Good luck with it

Vickymel

Hi Vickymel

I disagree with your conclusion because Lynda Mumford and Briggs are/were not asking the same question.

Please see this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74304-perth-sydney-whilst-state-sponsored.html

Everybody asks different questions - for different reasons which are unique to the person concerned. It is unwise to assume that an answer given to someone else automatically answers your question too, I would suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vickymel

I disagree with your conclusion because Lynda Mumford and Briggs are/were not asking the same question.

Please see this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74304-perth-sydney-whilst-state-sponsored.html

Everybody asks different questions - for different reasons which are unique to the person concerned. It is unwise to assume that an answer given to someone else automatically answers your question too, I would suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for clarifying this Gill and making the point & sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

You are quite right we all have slightly different issues - which impact on our application differently.

I had tried to make it clear to the poster that I did not know for sure as it wasn't an area I had any experienced in (and that they must check it out) but that it sounded like a similar question to the one the other day and I was just pointing them to the thread in case it was of use to them.

Again - apologies for any confusion

VM

Archived