Do Aussie TV's work in the UK

Guest zachie

Looks like we will be leaving adelaide in March 2010 , as the wife is missing her family , does anyone know if aussie TV's work in england , or can we just buy a set top box to get the new free to air digital channels ??

thanks

Zachie:sad:

Guest themikey

As far as i know Asia/Pacific t.v's do not work in the EU as the recivers are different, and vice-versa. But I do not know about set top boxes.

Also some cheap DvD players will also not play DvD's from different continents. They have a region code...I think its 1 - 5, but you can get them unlocked.

Guest Guest31881

Should be OK but you will be able to use a set top box at least, as ALDO says Scart converter for DVD and set top boxs may be needed. pick up cheap enough.

Hey

thanks guys , might as well take the TV's back as selling them will not realise much yaca ,

Zachie :cry: ( sad to be going back )

Guest guest12791
Hey

thanks guys , might as well take the TV's back as selling them will not realise much yaca ,

Zachie :cry: ( sad to be going back )

Hi Zachie, do you mind if i ask you why youre going back especially when it seems you dont want to, we went home and now we are desperate to go back xx annemarie happy xmas

No problem , the wife misses her mother and sister , I want to stay she wants to go , I think she will regret it in 12 months time ...

thanks

Guest guest12791
No problem , the wife misses her mother and sister , I want to stay she wants to go , I think she will regret it in 12 months time ...

thanks

Hi there, its so difficult, my dad took ill and i was desperate to get home after four months. We agreed it was better to return even though my other half didnt want to . I told him that the relationship would break down if we stayed due to him not being able to find work after hundreds of applications and me because i needed to be with my dad while he died.

Two years later we are both desperate to go back, i have no regrets because my dad died at home with his family where he wanted to be. It cost us so much money and heartache.

You can always go back again in twelve months, take care and enjoy the sun cos its freezin back here! happy new year mate

annemarie x

Hi there, its so difficult, my dad took ill and i was desperate to get home after four months. We agreed it was better to return even though my other half didnt want to . I told him that the relationship would break down if we stayed due to him not being able to find work after hundreds of applications and me because i needed to be with my dad while he died.

Two years later we are both desperate to go back, i have no regrets because my dad died at home with his family where he wanted to be. It cost us so much money and heartache.

You can always go back again in twelve months, take care and enjoy the sun cos its freezin back here! happy new year mate

annemarie x

Yep we will be back in yorkshire pretty soon , between april and july I reckon , should be warmer by then , thanks

Yep we will be back in yorkshire pretty soon , between april and july I reckon , should be warmer by then , thanks

hi, on the tv, we brought one back and it cannot pick up the channels, but ok as a monitor so set top boxes, sky tv, pc's etc will all work on them. we also bought ozzy "4 in line" extension leads and put uk plugs at one end, this means we can use our ozzy appliances without changing all the plugs. (although this could affect your house insurance if there was an electrical fire, so take care).

on returning home; we returned to the uk after 5 months due to my wife being desperately homesick and missing her mum. it was my wifes idea to migrate in the 1st place. we have now been back in the uk 11 months and are planning to return to oz in june / july 2010!!!

good luck wherever you end up.

Guest guest12791

We are in wakefield, if you need any help on your return pm us , we know how it is because we have been there, take care annemarie x

Guest guest12791
hi, on the tv, we brought one back and it cannot pick up the channels, but ok as a monitor so set top boxes, sky tv, pc's etc will all work on them. we also bought ozzy "4 in line" extension leads and put uk plugs at one end, this means we can use our ozzy appliances without changing all the plugs. (although this could affect your house insurance if there was an electrical fire, so take care).

on returning home; we returned to the uk after 5 months due to my wife being desperately homesick and missing her mum. it was my wifes idea to migrate in the 1st place. we have now been back in the uk 11 months and are planning to return to oz in june / july 2010!!!

good luck wherever you end up.

exactly the same as us, where are you heading? we are hoping for june july too, happy new year annemarie x

Archived