try this before you move

Guest the dobbas

Guest the dobbas

hi all

i have read a few times about people moving to oz and hating it because they miss family and friends. what i suggest before you make the move and spend thousands try and live without seeing your family and friends for a couple of months just phone calls, if you cannot do this then maybe the move is not for you.

merry xmas

That's a really interesting idea, Dobbas, but one I know I could never have tried before I came here for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could with my loved ones in person before I moved all this way, and

2. My mum would have killed me :laugh:

Sue xx

Guest the dobbas

hi when i said try not to see anyone i mean before you start the process and spend lots of money, this realy will give you sense of what it is like also try and have a holiday here first as it is a lot different to the glossy t.v shows where you can buy a mansion for £50 !.

we realy do like it here but it is not for everyone and i know one couple who we met who had came for one month and they could stay or go back , they chose to go back as they too missed family and friends and found it to be more expensive than they thought, house prices are about the same as the uk and food is about the same on average however wages are better i think and you havent got any stress on the job front.

i hope this helps anyone from possibly wasting alot of money but like anywhere in the world life is what you make it.

Guest Working to fish
hi all

i have read a few times about people moving to oz and hating it because they miss family and friends. what i suggest before you make the move and spend thousands try and live without seeing your family and friends for a couple of months just phone calls, if you cannot do this then maybe the move is not for you.

merry xmas

I said this to Aldo about his local pub ,and bookies ,he never did :wideeyed:

Guest Toomers
hi all

merry xmas

I understand you point, however this will not give you a true test & measure of how it will be to live in Oz - knowing that they are only a few hours or miles away is nothing like the reality of your friends and family being 11,000 miles away...

I recommend you do what I have to get the real effect of not being able to see friends & family -:realmad: completly disown your family and alienate your friends, that way when you go you have nothing to miss!! lol & merry Xmas.

Guest Working to fish
I understand you point, however this will not give you a true test & measure of how it will be to live in Oz - knowing that they are only a few hours or miles away is nothing like the reality of your friends and family being 11,000 miles away...

I recommend you do what I have to get the real effect of not being able to see friends & family -:realmad: completly disown your family and alienate your friends, that way when you go you have nothing to miss!! lol & merry Xmas.

:biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Or come over ona shoe string - tell your self, I am coming over for one year. do it, find a job, get a cheap rental, crappy furniture and check it out. The first two months are honeymoon period anyway. Check how you feel afterwards.

Archived