Taking our child out of the country?

Guest vidal1974

Guest vidal1974

Hello there,

Does anyone know the official way of me taking our daughter home to the UK permanently?

My hubby is an Aussie, our daughter born in the UK is dual. We have sent away for her British passport and await it's return.

My hubby agrees to me taking our daughter to the UK and we actually had an affidavit witnessed and signed by a JP, but I have read other websites and I am wondering about something I read about a letter being notarised? Does this mean a letter witnessed and signed by a solicitor?

Is there an official form that needs to be completed?

Am I likely to be asked for such a letter? If so at which end?

Thanks in advance

Victoria

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Victoria

Sorry I can't help with going back to the UK, but I just wanted to wish you all the best for the future.

Kate

You should be fine. I took my children out of the country without their father and had no problems. Mine are also dual. I took them out of AU on UK passports. I was told at passport control that to bring them back in I would need AU passports, of which I agreed that's what would happen if I brought them back. Might be worth getting legal advice to settle your mind.

Best of luck xxx

Guest vidal1974

Heya,

Thank you for your replies.. :)

Well I actually emailed a local solicitor who did not know the answer!! He seemed to think that there may be an official form to be completed!

So eventually I found a number for the Britsh Consulate in Brisbane, spoke to a very nice British lady who seems to think providing that both our daughter and I are travelling on British passports there should be no problems, the fact that I have a signed affidavit will be a back up that should not really be needed. The only way I would encounter problems is if my husband were to change his mind and alert the officials and get a court order, the airports would be put on alert. (seems to me he can chop and change his mind as he pleases?)

So I guess that answers that!

All I have to do is wait for the bloody passport to come back, but we only sent off for it at the weekend!!! lol

Has anybody else experience of taking their child/children out of Oz without the other parent being present at the time?

Thanks again

Victoria

Yes I did. I took my children out of the country (dual nationality born in AU) without their father. I didnt have AU passports for them, only UK ones. There were no questions about the fathers permission or anything, I was just told that if I was to bring them back into AU they would need AU passports as they are dual.

Archived