Suburbs within 40min commute from Revesby?

Kereng

Hi,

I have just been offered a job in Revesby (moving from Adelaide, where I have been for last couple of years) and am trying to research potential areas to live in. Ideally I would like something within a max. of 40min commute either by car, train or bus, preferably closer to the city than further west. I am prepared to spend around $450 a week on rent and would like a 3 bedroom house/apartment but could take a 2 bedroom as there's only me. I want flexibility to be able to get into the CBD some nights and at weekends, though I probably won't be doing it that often. I've had a look on Google, etc. but what they say is a 40min drive I imagine is totally different in reality with traffic conditions. I may have the option of starting work early (around 7am) if traffic is any quieter then?

Can anyone advise on the suburbs that I should be plugging into realestate.com.au so I can narrow my search a little? I know nowhere is crime free, but I am aware I should stay away from Bankstown in particular.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon

Picnic Point is nice (according to my mother!) and Padstow Heights is too. You could look along the train line to the city to choose somewhere nearer into the city - it is the East Hills line (I will not tax my memory by quoting the names of the stations!)

Archived