Herbs & spices

julzcary

Hi

Unfortunately the answer is no. We asked why & simple answer is drug smuggling. Depending on if you are getting a professional pack your shipping company will refuse to pack them or strongly advise you. However our packers overlooked one jar of cloves and when we unloaded the cartons the large box it was in had been opened and checked by customs as well as the gardening stuff, golfclubs & golf gear & shoes in other clearly labelled boxes. Sorry we had loads and are starting again- good news is that here in Melbourne because of multi-cultural nature of the population you can replenish quite easily and reasonably from local markets etc!

• 5 months later...
Guest juliemtaylor

definately not, your packers won't pack them and you wouldn't want the customs charges to destroy them!

Julie x

Guest nomad

Don't do it.. Its not worth it.., A mate tried to bring some indian spices from Hong Kong and got fined at the airport..

Don't bother bring indian spices as (In Melboure and I suspect in other cities,) there is a fairly large indian community. I just asked aroud and now I pickup lots of spices for 99c

If you have been collecting them over the years I would guess that most of them are out of date anyway. Herbs and Spices should be used when they are at their freshest, not after sitting in a cupboard for years

Guest Anya
Just bumping this up.

I'd be very interested in the answer.

I have a massive store of Indian spices and love cooking with them. I would hate to have to start my collection all over again!!!:cry:

Melanie x

Every time I visit India I bring with me a six month supply of spices...lol. No problem at customs at all.

Herbs, I don't think will be allowed, unless they are dried, powdered and commercially prepared.

Archived