PS3, XBOX Games & Consols

Guest macfamily

Guest macfamily

Hi there,

Seems to be the best place to ask advice on this subject - we are migrating to Perth in 2010 and my boys have a PS3 and an XBox. I have read on some threads that these do work with games they bring with them but will any new games they buy there work on them? Also my son wants a DSi for Christmas - will he be able to charge it in Oz?

Advice appreciated thanks.

Hello Macfamily

I'm a big kid and I took my PS3 out there. I bought several games and they all worked fine.

I think games are region free, meaning no matter where you buy them they'll work.

However if you buy DVDs they might not work. Although, we used to rent blueray's in Oz and they worked fine.

As for charging a DS, just use a travel plug. After all, it's only Australia and not the moon.!!

Hi Macfamily

Sony PS3

• Games are region free – any PS3 game from any region will work on any PS3.
  • Blu-Ray movie discs are region locked – Australia and UK are in the same Blu Ray region (B) and will therefore play both UK and Australian Blu-Ray discs.
  • DVD Movie discs are region locked. A UK PS3 will only play UK region DVDs (Region 2). It will not play Aus DVDs (Region 4). Vice versa applies

XBox 360

• Games UK and Australia will work interchangeably. Games from other regions such as the US or Japan may or may not work – each individual title is different as it is us to the individual publisher to decide whether or not to include the region coding in their game. A regional compatibility guide can be found here.
  • DVD Movie discs UK XBox360’s will only play UK region DVDs (Region 2). It will not play Australian DVDs (Region 4). Vice versa applies.

Guest macfamily

Hi Cerberus1 thanks for that information, the boys will be delighted to take their consols with them. Do you know if the PS3 internet connection will work the same as here? My son wants to be able to play his friends here on line from Oz?

Hi Cerberus1 thanks for that information, the boys will be delighted to take their consols with them. Do you know if the PS3 internet connection will work the same as here? My son wants to be able to play his friends here on line from Oz?

Hi Macfamily

The internet connection will work fine, not 100% certain re playing UK friends though. I think if he kept his existing Playstation Network Account then he'd still connect to European servers when playing games online, so would still be able to play against friends in the UK, whereas if he created a new account in Australia, that might mean he would connect to servers over this side of the world and so would be unlikely to see uk users on the same servers. However I might be wrong on that, so hopefully someone will be able to give you a definitive answer.

hi,

i just moved over to oz and play with my friends often using PSN (playstation network) using my english account, but signal is not as good to be honest but works fine using same game and same account :D

ash

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Gore Family

internet connection shouldn't be a problem as me and my friends play with friends who moved to Melbourne not too long ago and it doesn't seem to alter anything. I have a ps3 so im not sure about the xbox, also the connection NAT(modem) type may play a role in the quality as well as individual differences between games.

Guest NiomiJay

The only problem your boys might have, is that cheat systems may not work on their games - if they don't plan on getting any cheats then I wouldn't worry!

Guest o Harry James o

hi

I was wondering how much xbox360 games cost does any one have a idea ? and i wanted to know if any one has an xbox360 with xbox live

thanks harry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hughescl

Hi everyone

We are hoping to move to Queensland this year, my two boys love their Xbox and DSi so will be glad that they can bring them. My son will be 13 when he migrates do you think he will have any problems fitting in with school? Thx Claire

Archived