Anyone used KLM?

emmaroo

Guest siamsusie
Just wondered if anyone could give me any feedback on KLM

Never flown with them and doing so in Jan!

Thanks

Emma

Yes Emmaroo, I always used them to visit my folks in Holland, used them a fair bit for the asia run as well. Good safe airline, imo not in Singapore's league but its fine. The stewards actually make it a fun journey on many occasions a laugh a minute :laugh: Susie:wubclub: and where are you going for Christmas Emma? have you friends in perth?

Yes Emmaroo, I always used them to visit my folks in Holland, used them a fair bit for the asia run as well. Good safe airline, imo not in Singapore's league but its fine. The stewards actually make it a fun journey on many occasions a laugh a minute :laugh: Susie:wubclub: and where are you going for Christmas Emma? have you friends in perth?

Thanks Susue for this info!

I have to say the review that Nigel sent me does not make good reading so not looking forward to flying with KLM but too late now for a refund!

I am fortunate to have my mum and dad in Perth to spend Christmas with!

Thanks again

Emma

xx

Guest Glasfor

My friend and I flew to Greece with them earlier this year and they were pretty good.

Friendly, helpful staff, the only bad thing I can think of was the stop over in Amsterdam (didn't think it would be such a scarily big airport)!

Guest guest33730
My friend and I flew to Greece with them earlier this year and they were pretty good.

Friendly, helpful staff, the only bad thing I can think of was the stop over in Amsterdam (didn't think it would be such a scarily big airport)!

For short haul they are on par with everyone else however for long haul it was one of the worst trips of my life - (second only to air india). Admittedly it was a few years ago now but I have had a few friends fly with them recently and I don't think things have improved that much!!

At least you will get there in one piece and probably with your baggage intact - just don't expect anything much from the 'in flight' experience and you should be fine!!

Daniel

Guest joannaplus4

I agree with Bring me Sunshine. I have flown many times to Holland to visit family and also to Dubai several times and worked for them and husband flys with them every other month to the Middle East. Totally not out of choice but they service our local airport to Schipol. Not a great airline but as stated will get you there in one piece, hostesses are hit and miss with each individual flights. Don't say anything about the dutch anyone as I am half dutch!

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi emma,

If you would like to, you can send me a PM with details of your flight numbers and dates etc and I can then have a look and tell you what aircraft type you are flying on and how many seats are available etc which might make it easier for you.

Cheers

N'oz

Guest siamsusie
I agree with Bring me Sunshine. I have flown many times to Holland to visit family and also to Dubai several times and worked for them and husband flys with them every other month to the Middle East. Totally not out of choice but they service our local airport to Schipol. Not a great airline but as stated will get you there in one piece, hostesses are hit and miss with each individual flights. Don't say anything about the dutch anyone as I am half dutch!
Same here Jo, mum being Dutch. Its a safe airline though as I said I prefer the Asian carriers out of choice.:wubclub: Susie

NB Jordaan, Amsterdam (lol)

Guest scotty58

Hi we flew with them last Christmas from Melbourne to Glasgow and Glasgow to New York. Our flights were fine. Hardest thing was the long stop overs. We would fly them again. Emirates are better as they fly direct to Glasgow but could not guarantee a stop over in Singapore on the way back

I dont remember which one, but KLM is affilliated with one of the Asian airlines (I thought Malaysia) so you might even end up on an Asian run flight anyway.

I have used KLM many times as well, but mainly short haul European, and they are fine (expensive, but fine) long haul I cant comment unfortunately.

Guest proud2beaussie

KLM is half owned by Air France,they have codeshare agreements with many airlines including Malaysian Airlines ,BMI and Air France and others.

Malaysian Airlines operates KLM flights from Perth to Kuala Lumpur with onwards connections to Amsterdam and other European cities.

KLM operate very few flights on their own metal to/from Australia.

KLM is half owned by Air France,they have codeshare agreements with many airlines including Malaysian Airlines ,BMI and Air France and others.

Malaysian Airlines operates KLM flights from Perth to Kuala Lumpur with onwards connections to Amsterdam and other European cities.

Thats probably where I remember it from.

We flew Malaysia via KL and our flight was a mix on Malaysia, KLM & I thought Lufthansa passengers. We flew to and from Amsterdam.

Guest proud2beaussie

They must be doing something right,they are,after all,the oldest carrier in the world operating under their own name,they began in 1919 making them 90 years old this year.

Guest siamsusie

Just as long as their planes are not 90 years old
Emma you will be fine, they operate a very safe fleet. Staff can be hit and miss on many western airlines in particular. I had to laugh the other day I travelled down to Perth with an well known airline, staff were chewing gum, totally disinterested in their passengers, the highlight for the guys were when one of the FA's bent over and displayed her "thong strap" above her trousers:mad:. You have to be a hunky guy to obtain "free copious drinkies" on board, (contrary to the new regulations of no hard liquor on board on certain runs due to flight rage pmsl) Another reminder to me not to use this airline for overseas travel unless it was a FA in a jock strap:laugh: and for this privilidge it cost my OH's company $600.00. Enjoy your flight Susie x

Guest guest33730
Another reminder to me not to use this airline for overseas travel unless it was a FA in a jock strap:laugh: and for this privilidge it cost my OH's company $600.00. Enjoy your flight Susie x

Trust you to know how much a flight attendant in a Jock Strap would cost!! and how did you get your OH company to pay for it??

Daniel

Guest siamsusie
Trust you to know how much a flight attendant in a Jock Strap would cost!! and how did you get your OH company to pay for it??

Daniel

Sometimes I just forget " the pastor is watching" another infraction! and we get free flights once a month inter state. On a serious note Daniel, a bit like a hospital patient we observe all the goings on's when in capitivity:wink: Susie

Guest proud2beaussie

he highlight for the guys were when one of the FA's bent over and displayed her "thong strap" above her trousers
Must have been a contortionist,and why was she wearing plastic shoes on an aircraft?:wink::biggrin:

Archived