Organising removals when you don't know all your dates

Tarby777

Hi all,

I have my visa and want to emigrate at the first opportunity, but:

1) I don't know when I'll be moving out of my UK property

2) I don't know which Australian city I'll end up in

3) I don't know when I'll be leaving the UK

The UK house is on the market and we might have to get out sharpish. Equally, we might get no interest and end up renting it out.

When we emigrate, it's quite likely that I won't have a job sorted in advance... it'll probably be a case of speaking to agencies and employers (I've started this process already) and just heading for where the work is at that time.

So... given all of this, how do we go about organising removals? Will a removals company turn up at fairly short notice, take our stuff and hold it in storage somewhere until we need it, and ship it out to a destination TBD on a date TBD? Or is it the case that they need to be scheduled in months in advance and need to know the exact destination and delivery date at the time they take our stuff?

TIA

Tarby

In order to obtain a quote, I'm assuming that they will need to know what port its going to - not sure whether there will be a difference in cost, dependant upon which port its going in to.

We're just in the process of obtaining quotes, and the storage costs before it leaves and after it arrives are peanuts, like £10 a week - not worth bothering about!!

Archived