What to do.........

z&p

We are in the final stages of the visa process.

We have a case officer and were given 28 days to submit further documents including the medicals and police checks.

The problem is that all this has been done, the 28 days was up on the 24th, but we have no word about the medicals.

We had them done on the 30/10/09 and they were sent to oz within a week (according to the dr) but when i rang the immigration people they say they have not got them yet. God what if they are lost :(

To make matters worse my husband has been offered a redundancy package which would be a nice lump to take with us, but he has to give his decision by next week.

We don't know what to do for the best does he take the money and run the risk of us not getting a visa (giving up a secure job in the process), or does he turn it down??

aghhhhhhhhhhhh decisions :arghh:

Guest guest33730

My understanding was that that the 28 days was simply for you to respond and say they were on their way so I wouldn't worry too much on that score - at the very least you can explain to the case officer what has happened and get your doctor to confirm things.

I presume you have asked your doctor for proof of postage?? - I would have thought it would be his responsibility to sort the problem out if he has lost them.

Finally - he may be able to confirm to you if they were all ok (i.e. they were marked 'A' in the boxes) if so then i would guess that everything is going to be fine and I would take the plunge (after speaking to the Dr and case officer first of course)

Daniel

How did you send the medical stuff? Registered delivery? Can not you track the parcel?

Sorry to read of your dilemma :(

The dr sent them royal mail and I have tracked them up to the point of leaving the uk

you can't trace them in Oz.

Also, the dr told us that Sydney would return a confirmation of receipt when they arrived but we haven't had it yet.

Does any body know how long they tend to take when sent via royal mail and how long they take to process

Guest wanderer

z&p,

The dr sent them royal mail and I have tracked them up to the point of leaving the uk

Can't help you with the delivery/processing time etc., but what date did they actually leave the UK and re

but when i rang the immigration people they say they have not got them yet. God what if they are lost

Was it your CO you rang [and when], but I'd doubt that getting lost is too great a possibility.

And re the visa/move in general

We don't know what to do for the best does he take the money and run the risk of us not getting a visa (giving up a secure job in the process), or does he turn it down??

Jobs downunder are no guaranteed given either and so what occupation is hub in?

Have you done any searching of what job opportunities may be?

And if not, I'd have a quick look to see if you can get a feel for that and has hub's organisation offered redundancies previously?

For what can happen at times is that an organisation may have a series of them depending on business trends and how many people take up initial offers, second and third offers possibly having further sweeteners, and you and hub need to do some work on attempting to assess the situation in that respect.

Guest Paussie
Does any body know how long they tend to take when sent via royal mail and how long they take to process

Surface mail takes six weeks, air mail can take anything from 5 days to two weeks, I've always found. Not sure about processing times.

z&p,

Can't help you with the delivery/processing time etc., but what date did they actually leave the UK and re

Was it your CO you rang [and when], but I'd doubt that getting lost is too great a possibility.

And re the visa/move in general

Jobs downunder are no guaranteed given either and so what occupation is hub in?

Have you done any searching of what job opportunities may be?

And if not, I'd have a quick look to see if you can get a feel for that and has hub's organisation offered redundancies previously?

For what can happen at times is that an organisation may have a series of them depending on business trends and how many people take up initial offers, second and third offers possibly having further sweeteners, and you and hub need to do some work on attempting to assess the situation in that respect.

THe medicals actually left the uk on 5/11/09.

I asked to speak to the co but she wasn't available( she works part time), i spoke with a lovely lady who has sent an email explaining the situ to the co, and she did her best to allay my fears.

With regards to my husband, he is a Prison Governor but would be willing to do any thing once there.

Prior to this job he did an apprenticeship with British Steel and worked as a mechanical fitter, albeit some years ago. He has kept his hand in tinkering with engines although not heavy industry ones.

I presently work as a nursing sister so hope to secure a post prior to getting there. I had been interviewed and offered a job at the Royal Perth but the post has been frozen so I will continue to look around!

I'm sure this is as clear as mud, the prison service is offering packages to some people, and its doubtful if they will again.

The trouble is if we don't get a visa and he takes it, he will have left a secure post, as his job is actually safe from any future compulsory redundancies!

Guest wanderer

z&p,

I presently work as a nursing sister so hope to secure a post prior to getting there. I had been interviewed and offered a job at the Royal Perth but the post has been frozen so I will continue to look around!

I'm sure this is as clear as mud, the prison service is offering packages to some people, and its doubtful if they will again.

The trouble is if we don't get a visa and he takes it, he will have left a secure post, as his job is actually safe from any future compulsory redundancies!

OK, that is clearer and is it your nursing that you have done the visa on?, a 175/176?

For if so and you have got the ANMC assesment done, I'd expect there'll not be much doubt of you getting a visa whereas with hubs field of work, I can agree that redundancy packages there would be different to industries slowing up in general.

I think it could have been itcouldbeworse who posted recently on another thread re WA putting the hold on nursing positions but that would likely be just public hospitals and if you do a google [i was doing one on a related subject] there were plenty of nursing positions showing.

If you have just done the 175 without State Nomination, there'll also be plenty of opportunities in the eastern states.

No idea on ammount of work in the Prisons area [place I stay as far away from as possible] but we do have enough of them just like UK and other countries, so always a possibility and there's always related work I suppose such as probation officers, even various social worker areas, security etc.

And then something coukld come up where he may want to use those fitting skills again, and you could even find major holiday resorts on Queensland Islands for instance that may want to have a medical presence as well as maintenance/management people, so all sort of opprtunities could come up.

But essentially, if the visa is being processed, it's yours and on the CSL and you have the once off redundancy offer, I'd reckon it's all headed in the right direction.

dont think you need to worry about this at all (but you will) , you are given so long to let immi have the information they have asked for,BUT if its out of your contol after doing as asked,then you tell immi this,they will advise you,you wont be the first this has happened to good luck

regards Lynda

Archived