Sleepy dull adelaide.

rockola57

I think the best thing about adelaide is the beaches and we will miss being so close. We have lovely views of the sea, where we live at the moment.

Unless you are into the fringe, clipsal and people in colourful lycra going passed you on bikes, then there isn't much excitement at all.

I love going to the beach and having picnics but that's it for me.

I have always made it clear since I have been here that it's not my idea of "the Australia" that you would imagine it to be.

We are moving to Queensland where you can pick and choose quiet or exciting things to do.

The lush scenery, hinterlands, wildlife and theme parks are so much more appealing.

Adelaide is ok if you want a quiet slower pace of life, but it isn't for me. The same as Queensland isn't for everyone.

We all want different things out of life and if Adelaide doesn't do it for you, why stop here? After all we have come all this way, we might as well move that bit further to somewhere that feels so right.

Julie

Guest Guest9973
Now Tyke, how did you forget the Sexpo??????:biggrin:

LC

Dammit- forgot to mention that.

Need to stock up more on the outdoor wear - I got quite damp the other night in the park :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest needingtogo
Hi,does anyone else find Adelaide a place where vibrancy is not on the agenda?I have lived in four different places here,and when i step out for a smoke on the doorstep after 9 pm,i cant believe there is not a soul about,deadly silence,just nowt!I admit now i have made a mistake,bringing the family over here,it aint what i expected.Yes,the UK is crap,but it is where the heart is.I miss the footy,radio 2,the TV and the sense of humour,but most of all the liveliness of it all.Nuthin wrong with Oz,its just a bit too different for me and the family,so plans are afoot,at least we had a go.

Sounds like bliss to me! :cute:

• 1 month later...
I think the best thing about adelaide is the beaches and we will miss being so close. We have lovely views of the sea, where we live at the moment.

Unless you are into the fringe, clipsal and people in colourful lycra going passed you on bikes, then there isn't much excitement at all.

I love going to the beach and having picnics but that's it for me.

I have always made it clear since I have been here that it's not my idea of "the Australia" that you would imagine it to be.

We are moving to Queensland where you can pick and choose quiet or exciting things to do.

The lush scenery, hinterlands, wildlife and theme parks are so much more appealing.

Adelaide is ok if you want a quiet slower pace of life, but it isn't for me. The same as Queensland isn't for everyone.

We all want different things out of life and if Adelaide doesn't do it for you, why stop here? After all we have come all this way, we might as well move that bit further to somewhere that feels so right.

Julie

I have lived all over OZ, Adelaide until I was 9, WA for a year, Gold Coast and then Sunshine Coast, now Sydney...and I have to say that Queensland is really a very quiet and sleepy place (tropical yes, very hot and humid almost year round) also not so different from the lifestyle of South Australia, bar maybe Surfers Paradise...we moved to Sydney for the reasons you listed above. Sydney is not ideal as too expensive but where else in OZ do you get a bit of everything?!

Archived