moving states

briggs

Guest wanderer

It's a bit of a grey area briggsy in that it seems to be untested, the moving from nomination state having been asked a couple of times in recent weeks, most recently re this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/73185-who-do-i-ask-changin-state.html

Looking at parallels if someone is on a PR visa like the 176, they do have in their favour that it is something pretty serious to have been done before DIAC would normally contemplate the cancellation of a PR whereas on the other hand DIAC would have the expectation that people do comply with nomination conditions.

That is stated pretty clearly for an RSMS regional PR visa and less so for the ENS but still mentioned in the area where one signs the application form.

I haven't looked at the 475 application form but it is a provisional visa and as such I'd not be surprised to find there something like is on the RSMS and then DIAC could be looking more closely for compliance.

I wouldn't gamble on being the test bunny and two years will fly by pretty quickly.

Guest Gollywobbler
We are moving to South Australia on the 475 State sponsorship visa.

Do we have to work and live in South australia for 2 years?, or could we find work up in Qld, after living in South australia for a while?

Thank you

Hi briggs

South Australia might grow on you if you give the place a reasonable chance?

Right now, everyone who has been lucky enough to obtain a GSM visa in recent months because of support from the Government of one of the States has a HUGE amount to be grateful to the Govt of that State for in my view.

The legal position is that if you decide to move to a regional part of QLD, all that you have to do is to notify the State migration depts in both SA and QLD of your intentions.

That said though, life is a two way street. SA were willing to support you when QLD presumably weren't? Which of the two is more deserving of loyalty from you in return, would you say?

Cheers

Gill

Guest jains005
We are moving to South Australia on the 475 State sponsorship visa.

Do we have to work and live in South australia for 2 years?, or could we find work up in Qld, after living in South australia for a while?

Thank you

You can apply for a permanent visa after you have lived for two (2) years in a Specified Regional Area and worked, including being self-employed, for one (1) year in these same areas.

Archived