Citizenship by descent

Guest abrar

Hi

anyone please tell me how long it takes to grant the citizenship by descent for offshore application.

whats the process. I have submitted the application in sydney lastweek

for my daughter who born ovreseas they told that my application will be processed as offshore application.

does anyone have idea how long the process will take to complete.

Thanks

Abrar

wow thats great . did they send you the approval notification thru e-mail or did they call

or send the mail to your home

The guidelines said that within 48 hours they would process the payment, which they did almost to the hour!! and then wthin 5 wroking days a case officer would contact you regarding the case, I assumed this would be via email so was watching hubby's inbox like a hawk, and on the 5th day we got all our docs back (special delivery as we prepaid an envelope for them) and that included the certificate. Whether they didn't contact us via email, as I had expected, as they were sending everything guaranteed next day I don't know. But no, they just sent everything through the post no contact by phone or email

• 2 months later...

Good News

Today received my daughter citizenship certificate she was born in India.

But in citizenship certificate her place of birth is wrong. now what to do

How and where I can get changed

Good News

Today received my daughter citizenship certificate she was born in India.

But in citizenship certificate her place of birth is wrong. now what to do

How and where I can get changed

Hmm I would just give the immigration department a call and ask them. Must be their error surely, as you would have put down her correct place of birth so they must have read the information wrong. So it may be as simple as them sendinga correct certificate.

Glad she got her citizenship ok. Its nice to know that hurdle is out of the way. We just have to go for my spouses visa now and save a huge amount of money :goofy:

My hubbys came back with what we thought was the wrong birth place. However on investigation it was the name given to the larger ward in which his birth was registered. Instead of the town where he was born. Check that is not the case with you.

Archived