contrbutory parent visa

phyllis71

I am tempted to apply for this visa myself. ( 143 ) I have allready applied for the 103 parents visa,but owing to the birth of my first grandchild,We now have to withdraw this application and go the contrbutory way. Has anyone else done this?. My question is, is it really necessary to have an agent. I was quoted £2.300 for agent fees. What do they do to merit that money. We feel we are paying such a high cost for this visa, and want to save as much as we can. The application form is the same one that we have already used for the103. If anyone can advice i would really really appreciate it. Obviously if we have to have an agent we will go ahead and get one, is the quote we got ok. Thanks and good luck to everyone. Phyllis:v_SPIN:

I am tempted to apply for this visa myself. ( 143 ) I have allready applied for the 103 parents visa,but owing to the birth of my first grandchild,We now have to withdraw this application and go the contrbutory way. Has anyone else done this?. My question is, is it really necessary to have an agent. I was quoted £2.300 for agent fees. What do they do to merit that money. We feel we are paying such a high cost for this visa, and want to save as much as we can. The application form is the same one that we have already used for the103. If anyone can advice i would really really appreciate it. Obviously if we have to have an agent we will go ahead and get one, is the quote we got ok. Thanks and good luck to everyone. Phyllis:v_SPIN:

Hi Phyllis.

We have gone along the route of applying for a 143 CPV and have not used an agent, because you have already filled in a set of forms that are similar and understand what is required there is no reason why you shouldn't do it yourselves.

It is time consuming and you will have to make sure that you don't miss anything on them or your application will fail.

I read the forms 4/5 times before I was in a position to fill them in and then I checked it 3/4 times before I submited it.

If you get stuck ask a Q on here everyone is so helpfull.

Good luck

Les

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Phyllis

If you want to switch from the Parent 103 to the CPV 143, I suggest as follows:

1. E-mail parents@immi.gov.au giving the details of your current application (as per the acknowledgement letter which they sent you.)

2. Explain that you have decided to apply for CPV 143s instead.

3. Ask them what they want you to do in order to effect the switch.

The agent who quoted you £2,300 was either jesting or is an incorrigible optimist. There is nothing to it. You do NOT have to complete a new application or pay any additional fee for the switch. It is a free carrot at the time when it is dangled.

The e-mail may be enough by itself or the Parents Visa Centre might want you to complete Form 1022 just so that they have something containing both of your signatures. Once you tell them what you want, though, they will provide explicit instructions about what they want you to do.

In due course you will need to pay the big money - $32,725 each because I believe that you made the original application in April 2009?

Cheers

Gill

Hello Phyllis.

I agree that £2,300 is at the high end of the fee scale for a subclass 143 application, but who knows what overheads the agent in question has to meet ...?

Or maybe the agent doesn't want CP visa clients - it would not be unknown for a professional advisor to price high on the basis that s/he doesn't really want the work.

Maybe shop around, and have a read here (if you haven't done so already):

Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143)

Best regards.

Guest Gollywobbler

H Alan

I agree that £2,300 is at the high end of the fee scale for a subclass 143 application,

Apart from your own theories about why this might be, some agents persist in imagining that Parents are cash cows, my old son!

Cheers

Gill

Hi Phyllis.

We have gone along the route of applying for a 143 CPV and have not used an agent, because you have already filled in a set of forms that are similar and understand what is required there is no reason why you shouldn't do it yourselves.

It is time consuming and you will have to make sure that you don't miss anything on them or your application will fail.

I read the forms 4/5 times before I was in a position to fill them in and then I checked it 3/4 times before I submited it.

If you get stuck ask a Q on here everyone is so helpfull.

Good luck

Les

Thank you so much, for your advice. It has put my mind at ease. Phyllis

Archived