visa 886

bmw2705

Guest proud2beaussie

I'm sure wanderer or someone else will be along soon to confirm this (or correct me if I am wrong) but as far as I am aware your sponsor can live anywhere in Australia.

Edited to add: Copied this from the IMMI website.

Skilled - Sponsored (Residence) visa (subclass 886)

1. About this Visa
  2. How this Visa Works
  3. Eligibility
  4. Obligations
  5. Applying for this Visa

Sponsorship by a relative

You must be sponsored by an eligible relative if you do not have a nomination from a participating State or Territory government.

Who can be a sponsor?

To sponsor a skilled worker you must be at least 18 years of age and usually resident in Australia as one of the following:

• an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • an Eligible New Zealand citizen.

See: General Skilled Migration definitions

You or your partner must be related to your sponsor as one of the following:

• a non-dependent child – including a stepchild
  • a parent – including a step–parent
  • a brother or sister – including a step-sibling
  • a niece or nephew – including a step–niece or nephew
  • an aunt or uncle – including a step–aunt or uncle

Where can a sponsor be living?

Your sponsor can live anywhere in Australia.

There are of course other eligibility provisions that you would need to consider,might be an idea to either check out the IMMI website or talk to an agent about them as I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to advise you about these.

Good luck though.

Guest wanderer

The only thing to be added to what Nigel has said is that if your occupation is not on the CSL, it'll still be quite a wait it would seem and you can gauge that from http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

I suppose if you get a bridging visa to allow full working rights, that'll not be too great a restriction though I've seen reports of people on bridging visas finding it harder to get employers interested, but that can be difficult for anyone in current climate - if you have an employer or one lined up, no problems.

There is a review underway at the moment with information on any scheduled regulation changes initially to have been released last month but looks like being closer to Xmas or after now.

You may want to wait and see if anything is to be changed re 886 or Bridging Visas.

Meanwhile, from the link you'll see that ENS/RSMS is the favoured top priority for visas and so if you're eligible, that may be worth looking at, fees for an 886 application also able to be applied to an ENS/RSMS visa.

Archived