best Seats or top tips

Guest theweekshousehold

Guest theweekshousehold

Hi

More information required....

Going to start looking at flights to Aus soon and was wondering does anyone have any idea of what seats are the best (apart from business class). We have 3 small children so a bit of floor space would be fab.......

Or any top tips on flying with kids would be great as am currently dreading it....although i think a visit to the doctors for sedatives for the kids and a visit to duty free for a bottle of Vodka for me.....

Got Medicals tommorow......am a bag of nerves......:arghh:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello:wub:

We flew out to Perth from Heathrow via Dubai with Emirates, and were very lucky to be seated in Row 16, which was the very first row of Economy after Business. We had no seats in front of us therefore, and it was very roomy, even Stu (all 6'5" of him) could stretch out his legs. Downside is that this row has fixings for sky cots, so you could potentially have a baby next to you - we wouldn't have minded this though.

Flying back was a different story. We were first in the queue at Perth and asked the lady very nicely if we could be seated in Row 16. She replied that all those seats were taken. Well, she lied:no: . No they weren't.

In future, what we shall do is to book direct with the airline. We plan to fly Emirates again. Then you can go on the internet, maximum 12 hours in advance, and actually check in on-line and choose your own seat. You can even find out seat configurations if you check on the airline website, Emirates gives you seating plans, so you can see which seats are good!

Hope this helps....

Rachel:yes:

Guest Debs64

Hi there

Have a look on http://www.seatguru.com for tips on the best seats, although most useful when you know which plane you'll be on. The bulkhead seats are often the favourite but usually used for families needing skycots.

good luck with the medicals

Debbie

Hi

You try and book the BASENET (i think that's how you spell it)seats... these are the ones at the front on the rows in the bulk head area... they have more room and a fold out table to but a cot on for little ones... they usually use them for people travelling with babies... but you might get lucky!

min x:wub:

Guest theweekshousehold

what do they class as babies....mine are 4 2 and 1.........do you think i qualify

I would think you would qualify with the one yr old... not only do they supply cots but they also have these seats abit like car seats which attach to the fold down tray thing infront of you and keep your 1yr old strapped up for the journey....

if i were you i would get on the phone to your airline and ask now as these seats go fast!!

min x:wubclub:

Archived