one cat gone.....very sad

johnd

just thought i would share my feelings , we are off back to the uk and we decided not to take our cats, (they were born in oz), for various reasons that i have gone into before. one has a home to go to at the end of the month, the other one has just gone off to his new home last night. a very nice aussie couple and even the bloke was a cat lover!, very unusual in this part of oz!. we ll i want to say that it broke my f**king heart, and thats swearing!. i suppose the man,me, has got to be the strong one etc. well we both broke down...it is without doubt the worst thing i have ever done in my life, i feel like a right ....!!!!!!. but we know its the right thing for us....we have had it with oz, it has only brought tears and sadness....thats all.

Hi

We did the same thing UK end and it is the only thing I have regretted in the whole process. One went to family and one to the cat rescue. That was a horrible journey made worse by the fact he trusted us so much when he got into the hated 'vet basket' and then miaowed all the way there. We left him I couldn't look back at him but my husband tracked him on the website and he was re-housed in a fortnight. 18 months on and I still miss them and think about them. We are at least 18 months away from getting more here in Melbourne. I hope you feel better soon xx

Archived