are we crazy??????

johnd

Hi John, the work situation is really bad in Uk at the minute, Im a steel fabricator also and not found anything since April.Thinking of going back to Oz in january if it doesnt pick up.

Whats the work situation like in Oz at the minute and where are you guys based?

jobs galore for boilermakers in oz:cool:

Guest LukeSkywalker
we are definatley going back to uk , but if we hang around another 3 or 4 months we will get citizenship, ( my wife has already recieved her approved letter ). but we have two viewings this week on the house , and if we sell it quick then i feel like we should just go. i have hardly worked since may and i am sick of this place, i do have a good chance of a job when we get back, so why not go now?. i am 40 and its my 3rd time in oz since i was 21, ( 1st time 12mnths, 2nd 6mnths and this time 2 and a half years), so i think i can draw a line under the 'oz' experience. i just havnt settled and it has dragged my wife down to the point that she cannot wait to get back to uk and get some sort of normality. i do feel glad that we have done it and have enjoyed some of our time here....but god i am bored!!!. i have never really 'got' australia. i always feel 'alien' and a little odd here. so what do you think, go now or wait?.

Get citizenship. At all costs. When the UK becomes an Islamic state you will want it. Either way vote anyone but Labour in the UK election - PLEASE

Archived