175 - what can you be rejected for?

Tarby777

Hi all,

This week, 5 months after lodging it, my 175 visa application moved to the "further processing" stage. I was wondering... aside from police checks and medicals (and barring any further changes to rules/priorities), is there anything else that I can be rejected for at this stage, or is it reasonably safe to assume that if the police checks and medicals go well, it'll be plain sailing?

Guest MatandNic

Hi,

I don't think anyone except your Case Officer can answer this one. I'm in a similar position and stressing over what might happen. I'm trying to go back to my post-submission 'forget about' attitiude. Until it's granted anything can happen!

Hi all,

This week, 5 months after lodging it, my 175 visa application moved to the "further processing" stage. I was wondering... aside from police checks and medicals (and barring any further changes to rules/priorities), is there anything else that I can be rejected for at this stage, or is it reasonably safe to assume that if the police checks and medicals go well, it'll be plain sailing?

We all worry about this, I've seen an awful lot more applications being placed on what is in effect "indefinite hold" through rule/priority changes than actual rejections.

Archived