hgv in oz

Guest london cabbie

Guest london cabbie

Hi there.

I havent posted for a while but ive been looking most days ,this is stilll the most friendly and imformative site!.

We will hopefully be out there by xmas on my wifes skills but i still dont know what i am going to do workwise,ive got a few ideas up my sleeve but if these dont work out i will just have to drive for a while,i dont want to drive a cab so i was thinking about driving lorries or something for a while.

I havent got an hgv licence so i was thinking about taking a class 1 hgv here before i go just as something to fall back on.

Would anybody know if a british hgv licence would be ok out there or shall i take an oz hgv test.

I might not even need it but it would be good to have something to fall back on.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks....jamie

Guest Scarletfever

Hiya Jamie. Nice to hear from you again after quite a while. Sorry mate, can't help you with your question, but just thought I'd say hi.

Dan

Guest london cabbie

Thanks dan and hi to you too

Gizmo this site looks just what i might need

Thanks alot and good luck....Jamie

hi london ito am going out on my wifes skills i hold a hgv 1 but cant drive in victoria have to take their test when i get there but i can bypass having to drive smaller trucks and just go straight for heavy combo as they call it looking at the prices it is cheaper in oz than here hope this helps.

michael.

Guest pippycol

I beleive you will have to retake a hgv test once over there.You can transfer your ordinary licience over.I have my hgv and have been told i would have to take a full hgv test again over there,hope this helps

col & pip

Guest london cabbie

Thanks guys thats good information,so i will wait till i get out there.

Thanks again....jamie

Guest abeattie

Hi,

I work for a Transport Company here in Oz, we are currently recruiting HGV Class 1 Drivers from the UK, it would be worth doing your class 1 whilst you are there and if you are interested send me your resume when you get here in OZ.

We are recruiting all over Oz so location should not be a problem.

If you want to know more you can PM me.

Hope this helps

Angela

Hi there.

I havent posted for a while but ive been looking most days ,this is stilll the most friendly and imformative site!.

We will hopefully be out there by xmas on my wifes skills but i still dont know what i am going to do workwise,ive got a few ideas up my sleeve but if these dont work out i will just have to drive for a while,i dont want to drive a cab so i was thinking about driving lorries or something for a while.

I havent got an hgv licence so i was thinking about taking a class 1 hgv here before i go just as something to fall back on.

Would anybody know if a british hgv licence would be ok out there or shall i take an oz hgv test.

I might not even need it but it would be good to have something to fall back on.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks....jamie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest help us get there

Hi angela, can you please tell us if my husband does his class one in the uk, How much experience does he have to have before he can get sponsorship?

He is in melbourne from 26th May until 1st June and was wondering if you could pick him and his brother in law (kevin) up from the airport? HA HA!!

melanie

• 1 month later...
Guest jillanddarren

Hi who do you work for and how do i contact them? Have a class 1 and 12 years experience currently living on the gold coast but will work anywhere

Archived