Just arrived in Perth - now deciding where to rent!

Guest MarcWilliams

Guest MarcWilliams

Hi All,

Just arrived in Perth. Well been here a week now and just getting to grips with everything. Have already started work. I am working in the CBD

Crashing at my friends place for now in Jolimont - he has a massive house so im being spoiled at the moment! But need to start looking at where to live.

Im a single guy (31) who has come from London. Most of the people I have met this week seem to be living in Subi, Jolimont, Wembley, West Leaderville, west Perth. So Ive started my search online in these areas.

I took a drive round Cottesloe - liked that aea too but people seem to put me off it by mentioning its a longer commute to CBD plus friends I may inherit though friends I know seem to be all closer to CBD. mind the commute here does not seem as arduous as what I faced in London on he tubes!

Anyones thoughts on where I should consider to live would be much apreciated. Maybe I should open my eyes and look further afield? I went for a drive to Scarborough and that looked great too but further away obviously.

Choices, choices, choices!

Marc

Some other suburbs local to the CBD include Glendalough, Tuart Hill, Joondanna, Mt Lawley, and south of the river you have Victoria Park and East Victoria Park. These suburbs are all nice but not too expensive to rent, and are very close to town with good public transport.

Guest PamInScarborough

Hi, we live in one of the 2 bed town houses at Scarborough Beach, in fact we walk across the slip road, through the car park and we are on the beach. The main bedroom and sitting room has a balcony overlooking the Ocean and its absolutely fantastic as you can watch the beautiful sunsets. My partner works in Burswood, if he left at 7:45 he would arrive at 8:20pm, but this did not involve travelling through the CBD and it would depend on where you work exactly. He considers the commute to be absolutely fine as he does not enter the CBD and his company provides free parking. If you are commuting to the CBD from Scarborough, bus to train station (Glendalough) and then train to CBD or alternatively to drive all the way. The problem with driving into the CBD is that traffic is slow in the mornings and parking is difficult and expensive.

Archived