Medicals

Guest theweekshousehold

Guest theweekshousehold

Hi

Question: When you have your medicals you are tested for HIV etc and blood pressure taken etc,,,,,how much information about you do they need can they get medical details about you from your doctor not that there is anything wrong with us but o h suffers from gout and a few other minor illnesses do we need to let the doctor know or say nothing unless specifically asked.....

Look forward to your views just dont want to cause any delays....

Guest gary12

Hi

We had our meds done today. Our doctor only wanted to know about any conditions for which we had been hospitalised. My eldest son has once had to go in for nebuliser treatment but as he wasn't admitted the doctor just stated he had mild childhood asthma. Our youngest was admitted with a serious condition and they want all the hospital reports including follow up investigation reports. I guess they are really looking for ongoing costly problems. I shouldn't think that if you have 'minor ailments' it will be a problem.

Michelle

Guest clayton gang
Hi

Question: When you have your medicals you are tested for HIV etc and blood pressure taken etc,,,,,how much information about you do they need can they get medical details about you from your doctor not that there is anything wrong with us but o h suffers from gout and a few other minor illnesses do we need to let the doctor know or say nothing unless specifically asked.....

:rolleyes:

Guest clayton gang

Ooooops it deleted my reply.

But as you can see everything is very straight forward. like the other posts say.

Jenny

Guest Davidgolf

Hi our meds were very easy they asked a few questions about our health and did blood tests and the xrays and that was it. I really would just answer the questions they ask and that it,good luck let us know how you get on.

sharon.

Guest theweekshousehold

Thats great but i didnt even consider the children the middle child has had a few test as they thought she mights have had a few things like cystic fibrosis but after a few visits and test turns out she only has asthma....should i get details of the test etc before we go in.....have you an idea how long will it be before you get your visa once the medicals are sent off

Guest gary12

It's probably worth getting copies of any tests your child has. Rather than it cause more delay. Providing she has been given the all clear there shouldn't be any problems. Better to get them now rather than a month down the line need to get them quick. I have been told that my GP will have copies of everything so I don't need to involve the hospital. One thing the doctor today said is that it is not worth your Gp writing a letter to say everything is clear they are not interested in it, just the test results. Apart from that all they did was wee, blood, blood pressure, chest xray, sight, height and weight and a quick look in our ears and a listen to your chest for the adults and for our children just a quick look in the eyes, ears and a listen to the chest. Most of the time you spend at the appointment is waiting and form filling, Then comes the worst bit of all ... the bill!

We also had to get a Discharge Letter from the Consultant even though we had copies of my sons test results showing they were all clear.

Our Visa was granted 4wk 4days after meds arrived in Sydney, 8 wks since meds were done. Consultant letter delayed them being sent by a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

Sam x

Guest The.Colebecks

Hiya

Can't help with your questions as we're not at the meds stage yet but just wanted to say we understand your worries about the meds as my OH also suffers with gout, he gets it severely and is on daily meds. Its something that we hope wont hinder our chances :wideeyed: Trying to stay positive about it but its a niggling worry!!

Good luck

Karen x

Hi

Archived