Nambour

mr luvpants

Hello mate i live just outside nambour and have also worked on the outskirts for the last 11 months, regually shop, bank etc there.

What do you want to know?

The place definately has its bogan side, its what the locals sometimes call the wrong side of the highway.. but personally i reckon its a great place, you've got all the shopping you'd want, your central to the hinterland and the rest of the sunny coast and theres some awesome new build type estates popping up on the outskirts with views etc.

If you're thinking nambour i'd highly recomend going for something up in the ranges, theres some awesome properties around here :)

Guest Working to fish

For me ,its just not my idea of oz ,not what we came for ,but every one to there own ,Has a wild west feel to it ,i think.

:idea:

Guest lucygray29
Hi Guys

Whats is Nambour like? Good and the ugly?

JOHN

Hiya,

Sorry, but have to agree with Working To Fish. I have been through Nambour a couple of times and it is, in my opinion, extremely unattractive! Not a place I would happily stroll down the main street on a Saturday afternoon. Saying that, it has everything you need, a rail link to Brissie and more affordable housing. Just depends how much the run-down feel of the place would affect you. Bli Bli is very close by and also offers affordable housing and is, IMO, more attractive and nearer to the coast also. We live in Mudjimba which is 15 mins from Nambour. We love it here. Drop me a line if I can be of any help.

Lucy

Guest benedict1
Hiya,

Sorry, but have to agree with Working To Fish. I have been through Nambour a couple of times and it is, in my opinion, extremely unattractive! Not a place I would happily stroll down the main street on a Saturday afternoon. Saying that, it has everything you need, a rail link to Brissie and more affordable housing. Just depends how much the run-down feel of the place would affect you. Bli Bli is very close by and also offers affordable housing and is, IMO, more attractive and nearer to the coast also. We live in Mudjimba which is 15 mins from Nambour. We love it here. Drop me a line if I can be of any help.

Lucy

Sorry to Hijack your thread.

I'm looking at Buderim to begin with and working in Nambour - at the hospital.

Not looked at Bli Bli. Will take a look.

:smile:

Guest benedict1
You fill your boots.

How did you get the job at the hospital?

He he - I haven't yet! I emailed them direct though and asked if there was any casual work available. They asked me to contact them on arrival.

Guest jewels1356

i live in buderim and the lady opposite me workd at nambour takes about 20mins or a bit longer

iv only driven through not stopped but some faboulouse areas around that dont take to long to drive to

julie

xx

Guest benedict1
i live in buderim and the lady opposite me workd at nambour takes about 20mins or a bit longer

iv only driven through not stopped but some faboulouse areas around that dont take to long to drive to

julie

xx

Thanks Julie,

I can't wait to get over and take a look for myself. Last time I was in Brisbane, I didn't get to have a really good look around different areas, just snippets.

Archived