my 4 yr old needs a friend......

Ratchet

.........or im going to go crazy:wacko:. he is desperate for someone to play with. For the past 3 yrs hes had an active social life with a group of friends from nursery. He asked yesterday when he was going to go back to nursery and when was he going to start school. when i asked why, he said 'because i want a friend to play with' !!

anyone in the melbourne area have children around the age of 4 who would want to meet up at a local park so the kids can play?

Im in the highett area at the moment and then moving to Watsonia first week of oct, of course happy to travel. We have parks and indoor soft play here in the highett area.

I would be grateful if someone could come to my sons aid!!:wubclub:

Thanks for your reply:cute:

He was due to start school in the uk this month but as we were moving it halted the process. When we get to our new place in oct i will get him into kindy, but by the looks thats only two days a week.

If ive read it right, he wont be able to start school until he's nearly 6 yrs old as his birthday is in may and cut off is april. Im absolutely gutted. in his head he will hes ready now. already reading, spelling and doing maths, good concentration.

Anyway less of my rants. Well if im off shopping at southlands i will give you a shout and we could do coffee.

And as for this post.....really?? nobody out there who has a 4/5 yr old child who loves to play power rangers/ben 10/superheros in the melbourne area?

Guest Clare&Jon

Hi Ratchet, i know how you feel!!! I have a 4yr old son who is driving me mad as he has no-one but his little sister to play with, and we've only been here a week! We're in Glen Waverley at the moment and then moving a bit further out in October - probably Ferntree Gully / Boronia but depends on where we can find a house. Not sure if we're near enough to arrange meeting up? but am happy to sort something out - I need to save my sanity!

hope you had a good day in the end... I'm off to bed as tired out with all the sorting out!

Hello. Always so so hard at the beginning and we have been there and out the other end thank goodness. You feel like you are going to be alone for ever ha ha.

If you need to talk or your son can tolerate a 3yr old (4 in Jan) who most mornings thinks he is a power ranger, sportacus, transformer or ben 10 then let me know.

We live in Berwick :rolleyes:

Check out the occasional care in your area, my son goes 4 days a week for 3 hours (bliss!!) he has made great friends there and likewise I have too.

It costs about $20 for the 3 hours.

Worth looking into.

Michelle

Hello. Always so so hard at the beginning and we have been there and out the other end thank goodness. You feel like you are going to be alone for ever ha ha.

If you need to talk or your son can tolerate a 3yr old (4 in Jan) who most mornings thinks he is a power ranger, sportacus, transformer or ben 10 then let me know.

We live in Berwick :rolleyes:

sorry have only just seen your post. im sure adam would love to play with any child despite age, esp when it comes to ben 10 and power rangers.

im due to start work next week and move house, but once sorted i'll pm you.

kelly

Check out the occasional care in your area, my son goes 4 days a week for 3 hours (bliss!!) he has made great friends there and likewise I have too.

It costs about $20 for the 3 hours.

Worth looking into.

Michelle

Will do once we move house. we're heading up to Watsonia so will check out the local pre schools and school.

He's not happy that he hasnt got a school to go to.(strange child) lol. back in the uk he was prep'd to start in sept. He thinks it not fair his friends in the uk have got a school and new friends and he doesnt.........he's getting good at trying to use it as a guilt trip too the little ****

Guest TrudyJ

Hi I llive in Cheltenham and also have a 4 yr old boy who I'm sure would love to meet up for a play. I realise you've now moved now, but if you fancy a play, give us a shout.

.........or im going to go crazy:wacko:. he is desperate for someone to play with. For the past 3 yrs hes had an active social life with a group of friends from nursery. He asked yesterday when he was going to go back to nursery and when was he going to start school. when i asked why, he said 'because i want a friend to play with' !!

anyone in the melbourne area have children around the age of 4 who would want to meet up at a local park so the kids can play?

Im in the highett area at the moment and then moving to Watsonia first week of oct, of course happy to travel. We have parks and indoor soft play here in the highett area.

I would be grateful if someone could come to my sons aid!!:wubclub:

Hi

We are moving to Oz on Monday with a 4 year old girl who is a tom boy.

We have the same problem she is a june baby so doesn't start until she's nearly six.

She started school in September and is already talking about having no friends in Oz they seem to understand so much so young!!

We'd be happy to meet up we've got holiday rentals in Highett for 4 weeks and then 4 weeks in Seaford.

Good luck

Jackie

Hi

We are moving to Oz on Monday with a 4 year old girl who is a tom boy.

We have the same problem she is a june baby so doesn't start until she's nearly six.

She started school in September and is already talking about having no friends in Oz they seem to understand so much so young!!

We'd be happy to meet up we've got holiday rentals in Highett for 4 weeks and then 4 weeks in Seaford.

Good luck

Jackie

Hi, that would be great. Im working now but as of 19th on shifts over two week period so have days off in the week too. We're in Watsonia now, but thats no problem for getting together.

have you been to highett before? FANTASTIC shopping center just down the road called southlands - think meadowhall but bigger:biggrin:. It has a park opposite too. about 15 min walk from highett shopping center.

i have been told that you can contact the VIC education folks and tell them about your daughter already starting school and you dont want her to fall behind. They may start her at 5. Im hoping to do something like that with adam.

Get in touch when you arrive. hope you have a good journey.xx

Hi, that would be great. Im working now but as of 19th on shifts over two week period so have days off in the week too. We're in Watsonia now, but thats no problem for getting together.

have you been to highett before? FANTASTIC shopping center just down the road called southlands - think meadowhall but bigger:biggrin:. It has a park opposite too. about 15 min walk from highett shopping center.

i have been told that you can contact the VIC education folks and tell them about your daughter already starting school and you dont want her to fall behind. They may start her at 5. Im hoping to do something like that with adam.

Get in touch when you arrive. hope you have a good journey.xx

Never been to Highett so looking forward to looking around when over the jetlag!

I'll try the the vic education people and see what they say.

I'll pm you when in Melbourne.

All the best

Jackie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rachelking

Hi, i live in Glen Waverley and have a 2 year old (3 in Feb)...We are always looking to meet up with other kids. Drop me a line.

I know Windsor who lives in Berwick with the 3 year old! He's adorable!

Archived