rental questions

Guest Sarah & Dave

Guest Sarah & Dave

Please can anyone help? We are moving to Adelaide in September and we want to rent in the surrounding area for six months. I have read that if you rent for six months then want to move out, we will still have to continue paying rent until the landlord has found new tenants, is this true?.

Please can anyone give details of a good rental company or person, for properties to rent for juxt six months.

Is there also a meet and greet service that would take us direct to the rented accommodation that we choose from the Airport.

Thanks

Sarah & Dave (and our new addition Oliver who is 9 weeks old)

Guest dwaldron

Only if the lease was longer than six months would you have to continue paying. Once you are at the end of your lease I think that it is 21 days notice in SA. It's very quick to get from Adelaide Airport to just about any suburb, I'd just jump in a taxi if I were you, they are very easy to get and you should be fine getting an estate for all that luggage.

Please can anyone help? We are moving to Adelaide in September and we want to rent in the surrounding area for six months. I have read that if you rent for six months then want to move out, we will still have to continue paying rent until the landlord has found new tenants, is this true?.

Please can anyone give details of a good rental company or person, for properties to rent for juxt six months.

Is there also a meet and greet service that would take us direct to the rented accommodation that we choose from the Airport.

Thanks

Sarah & Dave (and our new addition Oliver who is 9 weeks old)

Hi Sarah & Dave,

We are currently renting (we are in NSW) and took a 6 month lease and then we are now on a open one so we only have to give 3 weeks notice if we decide to move out and we have paid 2 weeks in advance so once we move out thats it no more payment. When we took the 6 month lease at the begining, we were told that if we only stayed for 6 months we had to give notice before a certain date to vacate when 6 months were up and as we paid in advance we would only pay for another 5 months (if we left at end of month 6) does this make sense, so i cannot understand why you have been told that you would have to pay untill the owner gets another tennant (unless it changes from state to state) but i would avoid that sort of agreement.

Have a look at http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=bhp&t=ren for your area

gizmo

Guest tinbasher

What Dwaldron says is correct. For rental properties I would go on realestate.com.au then go to the rental section. If you contact some of the agents on the site and tell them when you are coming they may help you, it helps if you contact them all the time and get to know them then they are more likely to let you know if something comes up. We came across some good real estate agents who couldn't do enough for us. You can get the meet and greet service from the SA government and it is volunteers that meet you. They come back the next day and take you shopping, which is very good. However you have to book this before you come and it is not certain thay you will get it, it's worth a try though.

Hope you get sorted especially as you have a little baby.

Mrs TinB

Archived