Mooloolaba

Troy&Kim

Hi PIO,

what is like around Mooloolaba area. Is it good for teenagers? What are house prices like? also my wife would like to carry on working with the elderly if possible, she is a gerneral nurse and would like to know if theres much work within this area.

We are going to validate our visa's and arrive in Brisbane on the 3rd October. We will having a good look around this area so any advice on good place to visit would be appreciated.

cheers

Troy:wink:

Hi Troy,

We live in Chancellor Park (Sippy Downs), about 10 mins in the car from Mooloolaba, although the boys ride their bikes there.

I have 2 sons one is 15 and the other one will be 18 in a couple of weeks, both of them love Mooloolaba. The beach is one of the best here on the Sunshine Coast although there are lots of beautiful beaches here.

Not sure how old your children are but the kids often go to the beaches for body boarding and surfing or a game of cricket or footie, for the 18plus year olds there is a nightclub at Mooloolaba and plenty of bars and coffee shops. There is also a lovely Surf Club, that has bands playing regularly, a very nice place to eat and have a drink or 2!

Mooloolaba it self is expensive for property but look around the neighbouring surburbs i.e. Mountain Creek, Chancellor Park, Kawana Waters. Try checking out realestate.com.au that will give you a good idea on prices and what you can get for your money, you can look to buy on this site and also the prices of rentals incase you would like to rent before you buy in an area which is the best thing to do.

OK schools - Mountain Creek has an excellent reputation and I am sure your children will love the early finishes !!! Also here on Chancellor, there is Chancellor Park which is a newer school and my son is thriving there - so another good school - sorry not sure about other schools. There is also a TAFE (College) at Mooloolaba, although it is called Mooloolaba TAFE it is more in Mountain Creek Zone.

Personally we love this area and the choice has been a good one for us, the down side of here on the coast is that employment is generally not so good as other areas and the pay is a little lower than other areas. But its down to luck and something good with excellent pay could come your way. Also Teenagers can work here at 15 (cld be younger), so it's good for them to have a little job to, so that they can earn their own bucks !!!

Good luck with your research!

Oh sorry forgot to add about your Kim, OK there are lots of retirement villages here and I do see lots of jobs for nurses and care assistants, I think your wife would be fine here finding employment.

Kim

Mooloolaba, is beautiful!!

We live about 30 mins away, you are close to lots of idyllic and picturesque beaches and valleys, and a good size shopping plaza!! Only downside is it can be a bit "touristy" especially in the holiday season!!

Schools, cafes, and shops are all in abundance and I dont think your wife will have any problems finding work there. You are a bit further out of the city (Brisbane) around 1 to 1 half hour drive (depending on traffic) however, I wouldnt expect you would venture in that often as everything is on your doorstep!

House prices in mooloolaba are more expensive but as mentioned before, its well worth looking at surrounding suburbs and realestate.com can help you with that.

As for the kids - depending on how active they are - there are heaps of activities and sports locally, including AFL, soccer, football and surfing.

good choice of destination whichever way you look at it !

best of luck with your move!!

vb2

Hi PIO,

what is like around Mooloolaba area. Is it good for teenagers? What are house prices like? also my wife would like to carry on working with the elderly if possible, she is a gerneral nurse and would like to know if theres much work within this area.

We are going to validate our visa's and arrive in Brisbane on the 3rd October. We will having a good look around this area so any advice on good place to visit would be appreciated.

cheers

Troy:wink:

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

All I can do is totally agree with Kim and VB2.

We live in Buderim - 2 mins from Chancellor Park and have to agree that it is a very beautiful place to live, so much to see and do.

As Kim said check out the real estate places........... Where are you going to stay when you do your reccie. You would be welcome to pop over for a coffee/beer and chat while you are here if you want - just send me a pm and I will forward my address.

At least you can get some first hand knowledge.

Good luck and safe flight

Guest cazbeckham

Kim

We have to meet up sometime - us two and your family as you are only round the corner to me - drop me a pm for my address and phone number if you want

Carol & Barry

Archived