Strathpine

Generalis

Guest guest30038
Hi can anyone tell me what Strathpine is like and Bracken Ridge? Is it a nice area and what schools are local to these areas.

Thanks

I've lived in Bracken Ridge for 14 yrs and love it. Strathpine is 5 minutes away and as with most suburbs, has it's good and it's bad. Bracken Ridge is younger and the houses in Strathpine are older with no new estates and is bordered on two sides with industrial development and the roads can be busy at certain times of the day with heavy trucks. Bracken Ridge has easy access to schools whilst strathpine seems to be serviced by one or two huge (high) schools. Bordering Strathpine......Bray Park etc have newer houses and are more residential. Bracken Ridge properties seem to hold (gain) value more than Strathpine. You can PM me or ask in this thread, if you want answers to specific questions.

kev

Hi there, Strathpine is very central so a lot of amenities, its on a train line therefore you can commute easily to the city. It is serviced by buses regularly, and has a variety of schools depending how old you child is - my son is 16 and attends Pine Rivers which is very close to strathpine! Petrie, Lawnton and Bracken Ridge are all on your doorstep, petrie is a major train station and has some lovely older houses (as well as new). Strathpine is a bit older than the other suburbs, however house prices are very reasonable to reflect this. Brendale is the big industrial area next door (my hubby works there!!) therefore if you are a tradie or the like you cant go far wrong!!

Strathpine also has its own major shopping centre, with cinema, restaurants, cafe's shops galore, and is pretty central between brisbane city and sunny coast.

Like everywhere it has its good and bad areas, so i would recommend having a good look around when you get here!

regards

vb2

Hi can anyone tell me what Strathpine is like and Bracken Ridge? Is it a nice area and what schools are local to these areas.

Thanks

Guest Richard and carole

Hi There, We lived in Bracken Ridge for 2 years and rented a new house there so my children went to the schools in the area. Then we wanted to buy but only my hubby was working so we had to find a cheaper property and Strathpine was affordable. We have been in our house here for nearly 2 years and i commute to the schools every day and have done for 2 years. It all depends what you want but there are private and public schools in the area. Genisis college is a private Christian college and St Pauls School is on the main rd. Then Public schools are Pine Rivers High school, Albany Creek High is not to far away and Bray Park school. It all depends on your budget and location of Jobs etc what is best for each and everyone. They have a great park called pine rivers park and the children love it and lots of activites through the year. Bracken Ridge has a great Christmas light up every year not to be missed. Anyway, if i can help just ask away. Carole.

Guest debsmates

Hi Generalis,

Bracken ridge (Tafe side) is nice, new homes nice schools Tafe and Kindy's.

Local shopping centre, Train station and fab xmas lights yearly in Barbour Rd area.

Strathpine just up the road has big mall cinema etc..

Any questions feel free to ask.

Deb

Archived