Melbourne - house sharing?????

KarlPullin1980

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an interview to come work in melbourne and was going to look to house share rather than go on my own to set off with. does anyone know what sort of prices i would be looking at. Im just at the stage of trying to cost up how much it is to live in melbourne so any other info would be great also. thanks

Guest mariayoung

Hi, I've been here around 4 months now and house sharing at the moment. There are plenty of house shares, guess it just depends on which suburb you are looking for that will mean whether you pay more or less. Obviously closer to the city is likely to be bit more expensive. Depends on how fussy you are re accommodation too as you can get some pretty cheap house shares but to be honest some that I checked out, I wouldn't want to stay in, even just for a short time. You prob pay anything from around $120 per week but I'd say 150-200 p.w prob more realistic. You can check prices for rentals/sharing on gumtree and also realestate.com.au, flatfinder.com.au and there are a few others but I can't remember off the top of my head. Hope this is of some help.

Maria

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, there are some honest people out there wanting to house share but we have also had to pick up the pieces of someone who wasn't so lucky, please check out this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/renting-real-estate/67340-warning-scam-rentals.html and if you do use gumtree please be wary and check that they do own the property or have permission to sublet.

• 7 months later...

Archived