public vs private

k8bug79

Hi, we are still in the very early stages of applying to migrate. However we are fairly sure we want to go to Adelaide. We have 3 children 6, 3 (almost ) and 5 months. My 6 year od has just started Year 2 (which including reception means she is now in her 3rd year) but looking at the school calculator for Australia she would only be due to start school in Jan!!! She is already reading and writing and we have had no end of trouble getting her to where she is because of concentration issues and possibly ADHD. I am torn as to whether it is good that she ould settle in at an easy pace or she will sit back too much and get bored and therefore all the concentration issues will arise again. I have read that private schooling can be an option and that they may look more at the child's ability as opposed to their age but my concern is they all seem to be very religious. I am not religious and tbh if I were to swing towards any "belief" it is pagan and I want my children to chose what they wish to believe and not have it forced down their throats.

We are thinking we would look at the beach suburbs in Adeliade, an anyone recommend any private schools that are not religious? Or has anyone had any experience with a situation similar to mine? I have to ask permission from my ex to take my daughter abroad and one of my arguments will have to be education will be the same or better and she will not suffer so I want to be well prepared.

Thanks

Hi

My kids go to state school, my advise would be if you can afford it go private, the state schools are no where near as good as uk schools as we have found. I have 4 children and if i could afford it i would definately move them to a private school. My friends whose children are in private schools are getting a far better education.

Good Luck

From what I gather, it depends on where you live. It might be an idea to post on the South Australia area of the forum and ask people what the schools are like where you intend to move to. There are some very informative people on here that will be able to give you more advice than me.

Archived