help with schools

Guest debsderek&brood

Guest debsderek&brood

Hi everyone,new to this site, i have a question to ask if anyone can help. We have a 11yr

old daughter who is dyslexic and i was wondering can anyone tell me would she get a lot of help in oz and what schools could you recommend in goldcoast or sunshine coast for 8,9,11,14. Thanks.

Guest tinbasher

Hi

Can't help you with the Queensland bit sorry. With regards to Dyslexia again I can only speak for what I have seen in SA and that is that the children do get support however it is not as much as what I have seen them get in the UK. Each state is different though. Guess I've not been much help at all really!

Bye :redface:

Mrs TinB

Guest dawn courage

Central Gold Coast, would thoroughly recommend Emmanuel College, fee paying school ($1500 a term) Covers reception - yr 12. My son is aged 10 and has fitted in from day 1. We came over in May last year and looked a a few, they all seem pretty good in this area. Ben made the final decision and we are delighted. They have their own music and drama facilities and a 25mtre heated pool. Its a brilliant school. wish I had been so lucky when I was his age. Ben is on the good side of average all round and I would say the standard of Education sits very well compared with his small village school in UK. Discipline and self respect is higher here. Good Luck. Dawn

Guest debsderek&brood
Central Gold Coast, would thoroughly recommend Emmanuel College, fee paying school ($1500 a term) Covers reception - yr 12. My son is aged 10 and has fitted in from day 1. We came over in May last year and looked a a few, they all seem pretty good in this area. Ben made the final decision and we are delighted. They have their own music and drama facilities and a 25mtre heated pool. Its a brilliant school. wish I had been so lucky when I was his age. Ben is on the good side of average all round and I would say the standard of Education sits very well compared with his small village school in UK. Discipline and self respect is higher here. Good Luck. Dawn

Hi everyone thanks for your replys. Will let you know how we get on.

Archived