Canberra short-term Accommodation

Guest Samfire

Guest Samfire

Hi guys!! I've already posted this on the "Renting and Real Estate" forum, but thought it might be useful to post it on here aswell. We had a hard time trying to find short-term accommodation in the ACT for our arrival next month. We wanted something furnished for a few months, till our container shipment arrived. Some of these are very short-term (i.e. for a week or so) and others are suitable for extended stays of up to 3months. We found most short-term accommodation to be expensive, but in the end canberrafurnished.com.au were about the best on price (imho). Other sites are as follows:

Dawsons Hotels, Motels < Accommodation, Conference Venues < Meetings in Australia & New Zealand

www.quickbeds.com

reservations@manukapark.com.au

www.canberraccommodation.com.au

Australia Total Travel Guide - Accommodation, Tours, Flights & Maps

Canberra Motor Village

http.//cparker.actewagl.net.au (Langley Heights Bed and Breakfast)

Best of luck to those of you moving to ACT - hope to see you all there!:jiggy:

Guest Samfire

Hi Spin2diz!!

Looks like we'll be neighbours!!!! We'll be staying at Canberrafurnished until mid-January, so make sure to contact us when you arrive!!! I'll PM you our address so you know which apartment we're in! Best of luck with the move!!!

Guest Samfire
thanks for the useful information Samfire, We are going out at the end of October so might see you there.

Peter

That's great Peter! Will hopefully meet up when you get there! It's comforting to hear of others heading out the same time as us - I'm getting a bit nervous now that our big move is only 4wks away!! Best of luck to all who are moving out soon - hope our big moves go smoothly!!!!:eek:

Guest 101126

Thanks Samfire, you will see from my other post on 'Calling all ACT PIO'ers' that we have finally bitten the bullet and booked the flights, leaving on 28th October, now onto everything else including accomodation. Did you get yours sorted in the end and if so where and how much roughly.

Our plan is to sort out a 4-week rental for 4 of us (Squem is not coming with us to start with), ideally centrally located whilst we investigate the areas we have researched on the internet. We have found a two bed appartment for about $800 per week which is not overly cheap but one of the best value found so far. Any pointers any where else would be greatly appreciated

I hope your move goes great in 4 weeks time :-)

Guest Samfire
Thanks Samfire, you will see from my other post on 'Calling all ACT PIO'ers' that we have finally bitten the bullet and booked the flights, leaving on 28th October, now onto everything else including accomodation. Did you get yours sorted in the end and if so where and how much roughly.

Our plan is to sort out a 4-week rental for 4 of us (Squem is not coming with us to start with), ideally centrally located whilst we investigate the areas we have researched on the internet. We have found a two bed appartment for about $800 per week which is not overly cheap but one of the best value found so far. Any pointers any where else would be greatly appreciated

I hope your move goes great in 4 weeks time :-)

We booked with Canberra furnished accommodation - we managed to secure a fully-furnished 2-bed apartment (with electricity included, provided you don't hammer it exceedingly, the allowance should cover it), broadband access, spa bath, TV/dvd, courtyard with our own bbq, secure parking and swimming pool access, all for $600 per week which is great (it gets cheaper the longer you stay and we'll be there for 12 weeks). The Unit is located in Griffith which is inner-south of the city and very central to Fyshwick where hubby will be working. It was only available from 14th October, so we had to book another 2-bed apartment for the first two weeks, and it turns out that both these rentals are situated only eight doors away from each other. We booked this one with Canberra short-term and holiday accommodation from 29th September to 14th October for $660 - a bit dearer because the stay is shorter, but basically it's the same set-up and will sleep 4 of us. I've attached the email contact for them as follows:

Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accomodation [info@canbhol.com.au]

Drop them an email or go online and check out their rentals at www.canbhol.com.au

It's great that you've finally booked - wow, only a month after we depart - believe me, the time will fly by!! Make sure you let me know how you get on when you've finalised your stay. If I can help you out in any way when you arrive, just let me know and I'll do my best to help/advise. Remember, the longer you book with these rental companies, the cheaper the weekly rate!!!

Good luck with it!

Hi Samfire,

Thanks for the update, I will email them and see what they can do for us. We are arriving on 30th October and need somewhere for 4 weeks or so whilst we look for a longer term rental.

Good luck for when you leave.

We booked with Canberra furnished accommodation - we managed to secure a fully-furnished 2-bed apartment (with electricity included, provided you don't hammer it exceedingly, the allowance should cover it), broadband access, spa bath, TV/dvd, courtyard with our own bbq, secure parking and swimming pool access, all for $600 per week which is great (it gets cheaper the longer you stay and we'll be there for 12 weeks). The Unit is located in Griffith which is inner-south of the city and very central to Fyshwick where hubby will be working. It was only available from 14th October, so we had to book another 2-bed apartment for the first two weeks, and it turns out that both these rentals are situated only eight doors away from each other. We booked this one with Canberra short-term and holiday accommodation from 29th September to 14th October for $660 - a bit dearer because the stay is shorter, but basically it's the same set-up and will sleep 4 of us. I've attached the email contact for them as follows:

Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accomodation [info@canbhol.com.au]

Drop them an email or go online and check out their rentals at www.canbhol.com.au

It's great that you've finally booked - wow, only a month after we depart - believe me, the time will fly by!! Make sure you let me know how you get on when you've finalised your stay. If I can help you out in any way when you arrive, just let me know and I'll do my best to help/advise. Remember, the longer you book with these rental companies, the cheaper the weekly rate!!!

Good luck with it!

Hi Samfire

We've booked a studio apartment through Canberra Short Term & holiday rental in Woden for 4 weeks, this is only just down the road from hubbies new job so went for convenience.

We land 12th September so keep in touch as would be lovely to meet up when you arrive.

Jacqui

Guest mikka711

Thanks for those links Samfire - not long to go now, you must be soooo excited:jiggy:best of luck with the move, keep us posted:v_SPIN:

Archived