Pacific Pines Get-together?

OK, so this is probably VERY cheeky but here goes... Husband Mark (39), me (38), Evan (11) and Ferdy (7) moved from Surrey to NZ 7 years ago. We would like to make the move to Aus and really like the idea of Pacific Pines. We have spent a year each travelling around Aus and have holidayed as a family on the Sunshine Coast and Sydney but we think for us as a family we would be happy on the Gold Coast. I am almost finished studying for my B.Ed (Teaching) so will be a qualified Primary school teacher and Mark works in the sports turf industry. Mark and I are coming over on the 18th Sept until the 21st September to Broadbeach for Mark's 40th and will be visiting Pacific Pines for a look around. Any chance of meeting some of the locals? We would love to find out about the reality of living in Qld and whether it is something we as a family would enjoy (we're pretty convinced it is...). Hope we are not being too forward!:wubclub:

Guest ianinoz69

Would love to catch up and offer any advice I can but unfortunately going to be away that weekend.

I live at Parkwood (north-end of Gold Coast; approx 10kms from Pac Pines) and have friends at Pacific Pines so if you want any advice about the area; life in Queensland/on the Goldie; etc feel free to drop me a line.

Good luck

Ian

PS: don't be too daunted by the size of suburbs over here - nowhere on the Gold Coast is too far from anywhere (although on first viewing Pac Pines can seem a bit of a never-ending sprawl, once you get to know it it's easy!!)

Archived