new to poms in oz

Guest kazmatt

Guest kazmatt

hello everyone,

we are new to this website we are karen and matthew just started to put together our skills assesment, matthew is a plasterer, any information would be gratefully received, we are using an agent, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a visa, i heard a rumour it looks just like the golden ticket willy wonka puts in choclate bars, is this true. matt and karen.

Guest jennywright

Hi guys, welcome to PIO.

We are at the same stage as you, info gathering so not actually seen a visa. There are plenty on here who have tho and apparantly they are rather pink and shiny (think some have had different colours).

Good luck,

Jen :wub:

Guest clayton gang
hello everyone,

we are new to this website we are karen and matthew just started to put together our skills assesment, matthew is a plasterer, any information would be gratefully received, we are using an agent, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a visa, i heard a rumour it looks just like the golden ticket willy wonka puts in choclate bars, is this true. matt and karen.

Hi Matt and Karen

Welcome to PIO. It's a fantastic sight, full of information and very addictive.

We are just wating the outcome to see if it's yes or no. We had our medicals on the 4th April and from what I can gather from other threads things seem to be moving quite quickly.

Good luck with your application.

Jenny and Mark

Guest clayton gang
hello everyone,

Hi Matt and Karen

Welcome to PIO. It's a fantastic sight, full of information and very addictive.

We are just wating the outcome to see if it's yes or no. We had our medicals on the 4th April and from what I can gather from other threads things seem to be moving quite quickly.

Good luck with your application.

Jenny and Mark

Guest Ian G

Hi,

Welcome to Poms as you probably already know frome previous post this is a great site full of useful info.

Cheers

Ian

Guest graham$nic

Hi Mat and Karen just wanted to welcome you to pio we have no idea what the visa looks like once its in your passports we are still waiting for a c/o so a little way to yet but someone will be able to let you know as there is a couple of people just recently that have recieved there visa's good luck with your application

Guest dave&donna

Hello and welcome Kazmat

yes the illusive visa does really exist - mind you haven't seen one myself but read the last week's gossip and news and you'll see the growing number of people who have got theirs just recently - it's like willy wonka's golden ticket but it's pink and orange seemingly and says something like able to reside in oz indefinitely - ooooooh that'll do for me!!!! PLEEEEEEEASE :biggrin:

Donna x

Guest kazmatt

HI thank you everyone,

cant wait to get the visa now i can be sure it exists, being self employed it is a difficult process gathering all the info, and having to get references off people i worked for years ago, they dont seem to want to go to the bother of writing letters for me, does anyone else have this problem.

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Kaz and Matt:cute:

Welcome to PIO!

This thread has got me thinking.....probably our visa won't be pink and orange, what with it being a temporary student visa. So, now I want to know: what the heck is our visa going to look like?

If anyone knows...please can you describe! Yeah ok, I know it's a bit sad, but it's the day dreaming that's getting me through at the minute.:wacko:

Happy posting Kaz and Matt.

Cheers,

Rachel:wub:

Guest dave&donna

Hello Kazmatt

if you've got an agent will they not give you a reference to give to your previous employers to sign? Some on here have said that's what they have done - agents will probably have a blank that they can adapt for your individual case - might be worth asking them and make it a bit easier. If not have a search because i know over the last few days i've read that somebody typed out their own reference to give to previous employers just to sign and they will probably agree to that as not as much work!!

Hope this helps

Donna x

Guest kazmatt

thanks dave and donna, i will look into that, my agent never mentioned that, although they did say that i could type one up myself, then get them to copy it onto letterheaded paper, apparently it needs to be on letter headed paper.

Guest THE JONEZYS

Welcome to PIO.

Visas do exist!! We got ours 5 months ago and have been livin it up in Melbourne for the last 4 and 3 weeks!!

Lesley

Hi Matt & Karen,

Just wanted to welcome you to a wonderful friendly forum where we have all made lots of friends while on here, we are going out on a 457 visa and should hear this week if we have a sponsor then we can get visa application done and in woooooooooohooooooooo, you will love it on here and there is always someone to answer your questions :wub::D

Guest egghead

hi kazmatt

good luck with your tra.

don't be afraid to ask your agent for help or advice with reagrds to your tra. just remember thats what they are there for.

we are using go matilda and have found them really helpul. I was constantly emailing them when gathering information for my OH's tra and they were more than happy to answer any questions.

who you using?

bec

Guest thepriceclan
hello everyone,

Hi Matt and Karen,

We got our visa on 28th November 2006. I would say it is more an orange colour than pink, says holder permitted to remain in australia indefinitely! Fantastic.

Sarah.

Guest kazmatt

hi everyone thankyou so much for your warm welcome. your advice has been very helpful.we are using an agent called ambler collins.Has anyone else used them.

Guest YummyMummy

Hi, we have also just joined! Great site really helpful. My husband is also a plasterer! he does solid as well as fibrous. Our papers are in so we are just waiting - really awful. Let us know where you are thinking of going. Cheers!

Guest kazmatt

hi yummy mummy is your oh self employed. are you using an agent.our agent said we will be ready to put papers in next month. good luck with yours.we are hopefully going to brisbane how about you x

Archived