Southern River and Bletchley Park Primary?

Guest Clairey b

Guest Clairey b

Hi Everyone

We have just been to see a house in Southern River, and had a brief look around Bletchley Park Primary.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight into the area and school. It seems a lovely area and nice school, but its always so difficult to know unless you live in the area isn't it!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Claire xx

Hi Everyone

We have just been to see a house in Southern River, and had a brief look around Bletchley Park Primary.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight into the area and school. It seems a lovely area and nice school, but its always so difficult to know unless you live in the area isn't it!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Claire xx

Hi Claire,

I live in Piara Waters which is across the road from the southern river estates. Which estate were you looking at? I know people that live in Arion and Vertu......

Anyway regarding your question about Bletchley Park, all I can say is I have heard good things!!! I have enrolled my 3 year old to go there next year for Kindy. If you have a look at this thread

tag.pngsubscribed.gifSchools/Kindy in Perth?

I posted some questions about schools and got some good answers which deffinately helped me. There are a few people in my area that send their children there and it has had good reports, even though it is a relatively new school...(only a couple of years old I think).

In regards to living in this area I can only give you my perhaps somewhat biased opinion!!

Its close enough to get into the city in 20 mins or down to Rockingham in 20mins too. I know there are a lot of new builds going up but things have changed loads already in the short time we have been here (we only came here in Feb this year). There is a planned shopping centre which will be near the Newhaven estate. However I normally go to Carousel in Cannington and only takes 15-20mins to get there. There are also quite a few small shopping centres dotted around to get your groceries and stuff.

Its very family orientated around this area and during warmer weather they have mini fairs, and other occasions going on. Went to a open air screening of Wall-E back in March in the Heron Park estate.

Anyway I hope this info helps. If you need to know anything else just ask...if I don't know the answer I will try and find out for you!!!

Take care

Emma

Guest Clairey b
Hi Claire, Glad to hear you are ok and settling in WA.

Julie x

Hi Julie

Lovely to hear from you and thanks for your message. We are all really loving it so far. Its funny i've just packed our suitcases (as we move into our rental tomorrow)for what feels like the hundreth time!, and really pleased its not packed to come home!!!

Hows the house selling going-any news yet? Have been keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Keep in touch, and let me know any news.

Claire xx

Guest Clairey b
Hi Claire,

I live in Piara Waters which is across the road from the southern river estates. Which estate were you looking at? I know people that live in Arion and Vertu......

Anyway regarding your question about Bletchley Park, all I can say is I have heard good things!!! I have enrolled my 3 year old to go there next year for Kindy. If you have a look at this thread

tag.pngsubscribed.gifSchools/Kindy in Perth?

I posted some questions about schools and got some good answers which deffinately helped me. There are a few people in my area that send their children there and it has had good reports, even though it is a relatively new school...(only a couple of years old I think).

In regards to living in this area I can only give you my perhaps somewhat biased opinion!!

Its close enough to get into the city in 20 mins or down to Rockingham in 20mins too. I know there are a lot of new builds going up but things have changed loads already in the short time we have been here (we only came here in Feb this year). There is a planned shopping centre which will be near the Newhaven estate. However I normally go to Carousel in Cannington and only takes 15-20mins to get there. There are also quite a few small shopping centres dotted around to get your groceries and stuff.

Its very family orientated around this area and during warmer weather they have mini fairs, and other occasions going on. Went to a open air screening of Wall-E back in March in the Heron Park estate.

Anyway I hope this info helps. If you need to know anything else just ask...if I don't know the answer I will try and find out for you!!!

Take care

Emma

Hi Emma

Thank you so much for all your info-its really helpful. We have decided to take the rental, and its on the boardwalk estate? anyway, its opposite coles etc if that makes any sense! We actually move in tomorrow(friday), which will be nice!

Also going to send the girls to Bletchley Park, so have to take the enrolement forms in tomorrow, and then they will start the week after next i think.

We will have to try and meet up seeing you we are so close! so if you fancy meeting for a coffee give me a shout!

Anyway, thanks again i really appreciate it.

Love Claire x

Guest mudwash

Southern River and the new estates are all up and coming areas lots of things being built in that area and it is really taking off . Have you been to canningvale markets yet they are about five mins drive from where you live on a sunday morning also great for meat and fish in the market square.

Southern River and the new estates are all up and coming areas lots of things being built in that area and it is really taking off . Have you been to canningvale markets yet they are about five mins drive from where you live on a sunday morning also great for meat and fish in the market square.

Are they the ones off South St./Bannister Road? Is it Market city or are the markets behind there? Haven't been there yet but have heard the markets are good. Is it much cheaper than buying from Woolies and such like?

Hi Emma

Thank you so much for all your info-its really helpful. We have decided to take the rental, and its on the boardwalk estate? anyway, its opposite coles etc if that makes any sense! We actually move in tomorrow(friday), which will be nice!

Also going to send the girls to Bletchley Park, so have to take the enrolement forms in tomorrow, and then they will start the week after next i think.

We will have to try and meet up seeing you we are so close! so if you fancy meeting for a coffee give me a shout!

Anyway, thanks again i really appreciate it.

Love Claire x

Hi Claire,

Well good luck for today hope the moving in process goes smoothly for you!! How long have you been in Perth?

Am deff up for meeting for coffee...you are only down the road...I live in the Newhaven estate so only a couple of mins drive away!!

If your kiddies aren't at school next Friday come to Kings Park (lotterywest family area), a few of us are meeting up from Expats and PIP forum, from 10am....

Take care

Emma x:smile:

Guest Clairey b
Hi Claire,

Well good luck for today hope the moving in process goes smoothly for you!! How long have you been in Perth?

Am deff up for meeting for coffee...you are only down the road...I live in the Newhaven estate so only a couple of mins drive away!!

If your kiddies aren't at school next Friday come to Kings Park (lotterywest family area), a few of us are meeting up from Expats and PIP forum, from 10am....

Take care

Emma x:smile:

Thanks Emma.

All moved in now-thank god!! We have only been here a couple of weeks. Initially had a holiday rental in Mindarie ( a nightmare driving down here all the time, but very little choice when we booked it, so it had to do!!)

Would have loved to have come on friday, but unfortunately its my eldest's birthday, so promised him we would do something! Maybe next time!

Would be great to meet for a coffee. If you are around next week maybe as the kids all start school on monday-yipee!!! anyway, let me know whatever suits you.

Take care and thanks for all your help.

Claire xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi claire,

I hope you are settling in ok now? Would be happy to meet up for coffee on Mon if you're free? I have 2 little ones (aged 3 and 1) so would have to meet up somewhere where I can take them!!!!

How are the kiddies settling into Bletchley Park?

Take care

Emma x

Guest Clairey b

Hi Emma.

Monday is great with me-you say where and when and i'll be there! My eldest starts school on tuesday, we have decided on carey for him. The girls are doing ok-well the little one has found it alot easier than the 11 year old (she doesn't really like it, but then thats not a surprise to us!!)

Anyway, have a lovely weekend and let me know whats best for you on monday.

Love Claire xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Claire

Glad your move went well. I just saw you have put your 2 youngest in a Blecthley Park Primary. They will love it there I have my 5 year old there in Pre Primary at the moment she was there last year for kindy and I had my 12 year old there last year for year 6, she is now at Carey College in year 7. They really enjoy going to school, the teachers are great and really approachable and the Principle Mr Partington is also really nice. We built in Bletchley and have been in our house for just over a year and its a really nice family area, there is always kids playing out the front and neighbours having bbqs. I also use the daycare next to school for my 3 year old and after school care they too are great.. Hope this will also help you settle. Talk soon

Jo :D:biggrin:

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to say hi to you all. I've just signed up for a rental in Piara Waters and all set to move next week. Am putting my youngest into Bletchley Primary and hopefully son into Carey. Fingers crossed they have space!!!! I am desperate for them to start as I need to start work!! :eek:

Good to hear such positive comments about the area as it's an unknown quantity top me as we only landed from the uk a week ago.

Just wanted to add that anyone thinking they know which academic year their children will go into to watch out. They now run the age bands from July to July and I was quite shocked to hear my daughter is going to go into year 4 when she has just finished year 5 in the uk all because she has an August birthday!!!!! She wasn't too impressed, although it will be a 'transition' class made up of y4 and y5s of which I can't claim to understand the purpose!! :wacko:

By the way does anyone know of any after school care in the bletchley area? As a full time working single parent I was stunned to find out the school day finishes at 2.30 pm!!! :eek: what do working parents normally do? It's a steep learning curve for me after the UK schools they went to which has always had after school care and full holiday clubs.... Yeh, that's something else I need to sort out!

Sorry for being such a :chatterbox: and hope to hear from some of you :biggrin:

Emma x

Hey Emma....so you're in the Newhaven estate I take it? Well so am I and I'm also an Emma!! ha ha :laugh:

Anyway I just have my 4 year old at kindy at Bletchley at the mo and he LOVES it, (my 2 year old wont start until 2012 :cry: .....he he!!!

There is a child care place next door you could try for after school care as I know they pick some of the children up from the school as I've seen them around. Prob yr best bet as its literally next door to Bletchley school.

So where did you live in the UK? Wow you are straight off the plane.....hope you're settling in well.....

Emma

Archived