Medicals - Question

IslandDreams

Hi there again. We have our medicals booked for our PR on Monday morning in Melbourne. On Form 26, Part B, Q 22. Have you ever had a heart or bood disorder ? In Jan 2008 I had a cholesterol test and it was 6.5 My GP put me on Crestor as a precaution for this for a period of 10 months till Oct 2008 when he retested and it was 4.5 - He felt that I should go off the medication and rechecked again recently in July 08 and all still fine. I reckon cholesterol is a form of blood disorder, so I ticked the box yes. My husband seems to think as it was more a precaution, I should tick no. Any views on this ? Else I will leave this blank or maybe take 2 forms one listing the details and the other as no and ask the examining Dr perhaps. Another issue that concerns me is that I am 1.65m and weigh 90 kg - fluctuate between 88 and 90 really so murpheys law, this weekend I am 90 ! so my BMI is 33, which is categorised as obese then. Will this effect my medical in any way - does anyone know ? :unsure: Hope someone can assist :-)

Guest 101126

Hi

Sorry, I can not answer for the cholesterol (Blood disorder), but I can answer the BMI question. When i had my medical earlier this year, my BMI was a generous 33 (i calculated it as 34/35) , but the doctor marked it as being fine and reported no problems, so hopefully it wil prove like that for you too.

good luck

Archived