175 quiery

MazPaul

I applied for a 175 visa modl in February on speaking to a firm that come into my works one of the guys used to live in oz and said there was a good chance he could source me a job as its in demand.So i am thinking of switching to a 176,but he had good contacts in Sydney and in Melbourne.Question is can you apply for state sponsorship for both states and take up the one where you get the best job offer or do we have to sort the job first then apply to the appropriate state. :cute:

Guest Gollywobbler
I am a paint sprayer in the motor industry.

Hi Paul

I would suggest an immediate application for sc 176 Sponsorship from VIC in that case.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/20819/Skilled-Sponsored-176-Eligibility_July09.pdf

Woods Accident Repair Centres

Woods are sending a team to the UK soon to try to recruit Panel Beaters and Paint Sprayers amongst others.

You would not need a job offer for VIC State Sponsorship but it is by no means impossible that Woods would offer you a job anyway since they are having a recruitment drive soon.

If you get sponsorship from VIC but then later on, after the visa is granted, you get an offer from a company in Sydney and decide to take that instead, no law says that you couldn't move to Sydney instead. The important thing is that you must have a genuine willingness to move to VIC, both when you apply to them and when your visa is granted. If circumstances change after that - well that's life.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for the info that has cleared it up for me.I am a bit wary about the woods group they want cash off you for getting a job with them,and i think they could really dictate your terms from what i have heard.I have messaged a guy on pio before who works there but never had any reply.Thanks again for the info its a great help,if you know any different about woods any info would be most welcome.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paul

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Woods except that I have been told they are sending people to the UK soon to recruit. I heard it from a PiO member who is in dscussions with them but I do not know anything more about it or about Woods.

Cheers

Gill

Archived