Renting

Guest tonys

Guest tonys

Hi all great site and very informative but can someone tell me if it is difficult to rent a house in Ipswich or Logan, etc as i understand it is in Brisbane?

Cheers

Tony

Guest fatpom
Hi all great site and very informative but can someone tell me if it is difficult to rent a house in Ipswich or Logan, etc as i understand it is in Brisbane?

It's still not too difficult to rent at the moment. Housing market is slowing so I suspect Estate Agents are looking to improve cash flow by talking up rents?

The main problem is if you owned in UK you will have difficulty providing credible references making you a bigger risk & therefore it puts you further down the list of applicants.

HI ...if you used an estate agent in the UK yo sell your house get them to type up a reference on headed paper regards the appearance of your house ,garden ECT...then bring it over, along with a copy of the house listing.

You can include this with the rental application and they can use the estate agent as a reference.

Guest sarahjane

The best way to find rental availabilty is to look on http://www.domain.com.au in the rental tab. You do need to be careful of which area you choose, as some may have a lower socio economic status than you might have expected.

Guest wee wen
The best way to find rental availabilty is to look on http://www.domain.com.au in the rental tab. You do need to be careful of which area you choose, as some may have a lower socio economic status than you might have expected.

Hi sarahjane,

We are hoping to move to Brisbane later in the year. Taking into account your above posting are there any areas in particular we should avoid. We are looking at Springfield Lakes, Jimboomba, Redland Bay & possibly Redcliffe or Petrie.

-Wee Wen

Hiya the only problem we found when looking on the internet for rentals is it isnt up dated daily and most of the rentals have gone before you get to the agent.We found it best calling in the agents explaining what we wanted and leaving a contact number.

wee wen ,the nearest ''dodgy'' areas to were you are looking are over 30mins away ,,kingston ,logan central etc ,,dont confuse logan village with logan central 2 totally different areas,hope this helps,,

Cal x

Archived