Postnatal depression effect application

WAITINGGAME

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has been thru this or knows if it will effect my application.

I have just been diagnosed with postnatal depression and wondering will effect my application when i eventuall come to do my medicals? I am now not returning to work because of it.

Am that desperate to get to OZ i will not take the medication and fight my way thru it and go back to work...silly i know but i would do it to get to Oz.

The doctors have told me some benefits i can claim but i really dont know what to do !!

Thanks and looking forward to your response.

mmm, it didn't affect my application but it was a past not current condition.

The questions asked were around whether I was hospitalised (I wasn't) and how long I had been off medication.

IMHO if you do not take medication I can only assume it would be seen as less severe and assuming you are not the main applicant you probably won't need to disclose why you left your job.

BUT if you are on some kind of incapacity benefit that isn't going to look so good...

Your health annd well-being is far morer important thann getting to Oz so do what you (& your Dr.) believe is best to get you well. What DIAC are interested in is how mucch you will cost and if you are not on medication and are supported financially by a partner then it should be fine (but that's just my uninformed opinion)

Jules x

The questions asked were around whether I was hospitalised (I wasn't) and how long I had been off medication.

IMHO if you do not take medication I can only assume it would be seen as less severe and assuming you are not the main applicant you probably won't need to disclose why you left your job.

BUT if you are on some kind of incapacity benefit that isn't going to look so good...

Your health annd well-being is far morer important thann getting to Oz so do what you (& your Dr.) believe is best to get you well. What DIAC are interested in is how mucch you will cost and if you are not on medication and are supported financially by a partner then it should be fine (but that's just my uninformed opinion)

Jules x

Thanks maybe i might just leave work under the reasons am staying at home with my children and still take the medication then i dont need to say am claiming any benefits and wont.

I am not the main applicant its my husband.

We have already submitted our application so its not been put down on there would i need to call and tell them or just leave it until the medicals? would they pick up on it?

Thanks again

Your health annd well-being is far morer important thann getting to Oz so do what you (& your Dr.) believe is best to get you well. What DIAC are interested in is how much you will cost and if you are not on medication and are supported financially by a partner then it should be fine (but that's just my uninformed opinion)

Jules x

Just read your post again and realised the DR is recommending medication, however I still say you health and wellbeing must come first. Many people on on-going medication do get visa's what I don't know is if depression is treated differently to something like diabetes - it shouldn't be!

Thanks maybe i might just leave work under the reasons am staying at home with my children and still take the medication then i dont need to say am claiming any benefits and wont.

I am not the main applicant its my husband.

We have already submitted our application so its not been put down on there would i need to call and tell them or just leave it until the medicals? would they pick up on it?

Thanks again

I don't like to give advice in case I am wrong but I would say that so long as you disclose it at your medicals it should be ok to leave it for now.

Have you started the medication? Would it be possible to see if the reduced pressure from not working resolves things for you, maybe with some counselling? Obviously if you are suicidal or a risk to yourself or your family in anyway ignore that suggestion completely.

Once you start anti-depressants you do really need to take them for 12 months otherwise there tends to be a relapse (at least that's what my Dr. said)

:hug:

Jules

Archived