Frustrated

Guest theweekshousehold

Guest theweekshousehold

I know everyone feels the same and its a waiting game, but lodged Visa application on 5th March and we had already done the police checks....called about medicals and the place which is the cheapest has over month waiting time and am thinking should i book ahead for middle end of may for the medical...........

How long does it take from lodging the application before they ask for medicals or even acknowlege the Visa application......out agent is pretty good but he keeps saying anytime but not very forthcoming.

Has anyone got a good idea........its like wating for the phone to ring,,,,,keep looking on the computer all the time,,,,,,,,,,:biglaugh:

Guest Fat Boy Fat

It will happen... it's a real pain waiting then it just all falls into place. I know thats easy for me to say I'm here but it will happen.

Guest Banoff

Going by the March spreadsheets on various forums they are just acknowledging for applications received at the beging of March so you should be very close to being acknowledged.

Jan :D

Guest theweekshousehold

thanks ...........at least someone knows their stuff,,,does then that mean they will ask for medicals at the same time

Guest graham$nic

Hi we sent our application 136 modl on the 23 feb and had it knowledged on the 11 april we have no co and not been asked for med or police checks as yet but we hope it will not be to long but i can say on the forms we recieved with the ref number it says that you can expect to wait 4 to 6 months but everyone is different good luck with your visa application

When we got acknowledged last year it said the wait for processing was 4 - 5 months - we got asked for medicals 4.5 months later. The acknowledgemnt is just that - telling you they've got your application, you than have to wait for a case officer. We came on a 136 visa and the whole thing took just short of 7 months

Ali

Guest tracey evans

hi we sent our 136 application on 15 feb got an acknowledgement on 5 april and got letter saying we had case officer requesting meds and police checks on 16 april so hopefully not long before you here good look .tracey&phil oz bound

Guest tracey evans

time varies but from lodging our visa application on 15 feb in that time we have had an aknowledgement been given case officer and requested to take meds and police check all by 16 april . good luck

tracey&phil oz bound

Guest tracey evans

:yes:

time varies but from lodging our visa application on 15 feb in that time we have had an aknowledgement been given case officer and requested to take meds and police check all by 16 april . good luck

tracey&phil oz bound

does any one no how long it takes after medicals and police checks have been sent of.

Guest jonseywife
:yes:

does any one no how long it takes after medicals and police checks have been sent of.

I think it varys and depends on the case officer ........ as soon as 4 weeks or more than 8 weeks if you get a lazy one !!!!!! :biggrin:

The weekshousehold.......

We booked our medicals ahead coz like you, our doctor had 6 weeks waiting time, im glad we did. We have been given c/o today and have meds next week!!!!

Its OK to get meds done before they ask, loads of peiople do it.... it's called front loading apparently (I thought that was just a washing machine!!!!!) or is it pre loaded?????!!!! lol :confused:

It just saves time... you may have to wait a while longer for case officer and if you dont book meds till then, it just strings it out even longer..... and its bad enough waiting as it is!!!!!!

Bare in mind though, once your visa is OK'd, you have a year (from the date of meds/police checks - which ever is the earliest) to activate the visa !!!!!

Have you checked out the Colebecks time line?.... it gives you a rough idea on how long people are waiiting.

Archived