Im flying to Sydney tommorow!!

Guest Rico

Hi

I finally got my sponsorship visa last week. Found out on Tuesday and booked my flights the next day. I'd been sitting about at home for nearly 4 weeks doing nothing and, thought " what the hell", I may as well go now!

I fly at 1:15 from Glasgow with Emirates and will arrive in Sydney on Thursday. As some of you may know I will be on my own, as my girlfriend aint coming till early 2006. I have a few contacts in Sydney (all few the missus), but if anyone is gonna be in Sydney and wants a chat please contact me... anyone accepted (especially Football fans!)

gotta go as still aint packed my case

Cheers

Rico

thanks Mary... so far its been good fun, but I am feeling homesick already(prob cos my girlfriend keeps on calling me!)

Its a lot to take in!

Guest Marylou

Of course you're going to be homesick but believe me it is worth it. I was homesick for 6months at least when we got here in 1974, but I wouldn't go back now- except for holidays. Tell your girl-friend to hurry on over! Mary

Glad to hear that you have finally made it out here I am sure that 12 months down the line you will be so glad that you have put up with all of this stress.

sorry but we are several hours drive away from Sydney so no chance of meeting up for a pint. Good luck with it all and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we are.

Nicky

Hi Nicky

its been good fun so far. I've been out a few times with some Irish girls I know from back home and Im going out with some Aussie folk for dinne tonight so its ok

its really hot today though (about 39 degrees)... i dont think i can take much more of it!

Glad to hear that you have got your social life sorted at least you have your priorities right :D . It is pretty hot here today as well but we are thoroughly enjoying it, I am looking forward to a warm Christmas for a change.

You soon learn that aircon is a necessity ours is pretty feeble but then again it is much better than having none as I can remember the spell of 40 degrees that we had in Belgium with no aircon and wouldn't want that for any length of time.

All the best.

Nicky

Archived