Good Areas to Live - Adelaide

martincburgess

Hi all,

Off to Oz in Sept for a formal recci and would like some feedback on areas recommended by others which are both nice but within striking distance of the city, via good public transport links?

Thoughts appreciated. Have also posted a note for Perth, as it is going to be one these two cities that we will end up at the end of the year.

Thanks,

Martin

Best form of public transport into the City, beating trains and busses hands down in my opinion, is the O-Bahn. So check out areas on the O-Bahn route (interchanges at Klemzig, Paradise, and Tea Tree Plaza). All in the North East so have a look at suburbs around that area (Golden Grove, Dernancourt, Athelstone, Wynn Vale, Fairview Park, Tea Tree Gully, Vista, Hope Valley, Highbury, Greenwith, to name but a few!)

Guest Fenderman

Hi Martin We did a recci visit to Adelaide back in Feb/ March we stayed in Unley it’s a nice area it has great bus links and the tram is not far to walk to, you can take this to the city or Glenelg, we stayed at the Not1nights apartments at La Loft Apartments Unley they are very modern and nice and clean. The one thing I would recommend is the Home 2 Home Settlements service the ladies who run this service are fab they will take you around and they know lots about Adelaide, well worth the cost, it saves us loads of time, also car hire we hired a car from Brian at Aussie car rental, a really helpful guy he is based in Hove www.aussiecargroup.com.au also buy a UDB map.

These are my personal recommendations based on personal experience I have no connection with any of these companies.

Hope this info is useful

Rob Birmingham UK:hug:

Archived