Mrs Geordie

Dorrydo

Hi All,

Have been reading all of the different forums for a couple of weeks now. I'm an Aussie married to a Geordie. Can relate to those of you who miss home and those of you who love your new home here in Oz. I lived in the North East for 6 years and Mr Geordie has lived a bit more than half of his life span here in Oz.

Did I pick up with old friends when we came back here ......... sort of, but found that we had all changed our lives to such an extent that the feeling of mateship had really changed ........ and I was more of a stick in the mud and wanted different values from life. The old saying is that you can count your true friends on one hand and they are life long. Glad to say that I still have two life long friends :smile:

Mrs Geordie :wink:

Guest proud2beaussie

Welcome to PIO Dorrydo,

We are a bit like a family here ,we don't always agree with each other but we all do our best to get along .

I hope you enjoy being a member and that you find the contributions interesting,there is always something new to comment on.

Cheers and wecome again.

N'OZ

Guest snow white
Hi All,

Have been reading all of the different forums for a couple of weeks now. I'm an Aussie married to a Geordie. Can relate to those of you who miss home and those of you who love your new home here in Oz. I lived in the North East for 6 years and Mr Geordie has lived a bit more than half of his life span here in Oz.

Did I pick up with old friends when we came back here ......... sort of, but found that we had all changed our lives to such an extent that the feeling of mateship had really changed ........ and I was more of a stick in the mud and wanted different values from life. The old saying is that you can count your true friends on one hand and they are life long. Glad to say that I still have two life long friends :smile:

Mrs Geordie :wink:

hi mrs geordie welcome to poms in oz,

im a geordie married to a geordie living on the gold coast we are from newcastle and although we have been here only 2 years we are only just starting to feel settled its been a hard struggle there are things we definitely miss about home but not enough to make us want to return just yet oh would be happy with the local pub and his mates round anytime then hes never want to go back!!!!!

lesley x

hi mrs geordie welcome to poms in oz,

im a geordie married to a geordie living on the gold coast we are from newcastle and although we have been here only 2 years we are only just starting to feel settled its been a hard struggle there are things we definitely miss about home but not enough to make us want to return just yet oh would be happy with the local pub and his mates round anytime then hes never want to go back!!!!!

lesley x

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the welcome. Even I, the Aussie found it hard to settle when we came back in 1970. OH settled in as if he had always lived here instead of me. We went back in 1986 and did all of the tourist things we didnt get to do when we were living there ......... too busy having 3 children to get out and about.

We are parents of 3 girls, 1 boy and grandparents to 12 grand children.

There are still a lot of things we miss about the N.E., one of them is haddock and cod. I will only eat South Australian King George Whiting, prawns and crayfish so stock up whn we go down to South Oz. Himself misses pie and mushypeas ...... found the mushypeas (Batchelors) in I.G.A. now he is in 7th heaven. Also have to agree with you about the pubs over there, they have a different atmosphere. Still love the pubs here in Oz as well so can't really compare the two with out being biased :no:

Mrs Geordie x

Archived