Tra Advice

Guest JC86

Have Been Reading The Criteria For The Tra Assessment. Im A British Gas Engineer And Have Been Working After My Apprenticeship For 5 Years Now.but My Apprenticeship Was Only 1 Year Long.reading The Criteria Apprenticeships Should Be No Less Than 3 Years And If So Need To Have 9 Years Full Time Work In Trade .anyone Have Any Help On This Issue Or Advice. Thanks

Guest kimdownie

Hi there,

I am unsure whether the criteria for gas engineers is different to anyone elses, but as far as I am aware, if you do not have the minimum 3 year apprenticeship, you can use the 6 year work experience skill pathway D. The only other variation I know of to this is that electricians need 7 years work experience to use pathway D. I have seen no mention of gas engineers. BE AWARE that what we call an engineer in this country is not classified as an engineer in oz. Engineers in oz have to have degrees.

hope this makes things a little clearer

Regards Kim

Guest fatpom
Have Been Reading The Criteria For The Tra Assessment. Im A British Gas Engineer And Have Been Working After My Apprenticeship For 5 Years Now.but My Apprenticeship Was Only 1 Year Long.reading The Criteria Apprenticeships Should Be No Less Than 3 Years And If So Need To Have 9 Years Full Time Work In Trade .anyone Have Any Help On This Issue Or Advice. Thanks[/quote/]

Gas fitters are a licenced trade in Aus. You need to research both TRA requirements & licencing requirements for the state you intend to work/live in. For example you might pass a TRA assessment but then not get a gas fitters licence without further training (both TAFE & 'on the job' training). It just needs taking into account.

Archived