Will it be harder to get a 475?

Guest Hopetogetthere

Guest Hopetogetthere

Hi we are still trying to make the monumental decision about moving out to Oz.

We contacted an agent a couple of weeks ago who said our only option was a 475 3yr temp visa. (Hubby is an IT Manager) At that time the state sponsership for IT Managers was wither SA or Queensland (not Brisbane) However, last week QU drastically reduced their listing, taking IT Manager off. This now means its only listed in SA. Just had a email from our (potential) agent, saying theres now lots more interest in Adeliade, and the they may draw in their listing as a result. Anyone else hear that, or is our agent just trying to get our business sooner rather than later?!!

Guest Seipeal1

Hi there,

I will not pretend to try and influence your decision as it is an important one but I will try to share my thoughts. My family and I originally went for a 176 family but I could see the writing on the wall and went for a 475 in SA several months ago. We now have a CO and are hoping for approval any day now. SA made a slight adjustment to it's pr and provisional visas a few months ago but it was tiny. I do understand from my agent (who I trust 100% at this stage ) that they are reviewing the list again and the likelihood is it will be reduced. I believe that for a lot of people whose circumstances have changed as a result of DIAC's view of the economic crisis, the 475 is increasingly becoming their only short to medium term option for getting in to Australia. South Australia appears to be doing more than well compared to most other places around the world. Housing is relatively cheap and I believe it will be a good place to live. I have lived in Sydney, Perth , London and Dublin and believe me most city life is similar. Sometimes, you have to look at life as an adventure and go for it with no regrets. That is what we are doing....

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your decisions.

Archived