Form 80 - How is the information used?

justinoz

Just out of interest I was looking over the Form 80 the other day and it asks for things like past social security numbers and ten years of work history and such. What do they actually use this info for when judging your character? Are they going to check if you filed tax returns and if you worked somewhere that long ago!? Do they really check up on half this stuff?

I just wonder cause I lived in the states about 8 years ago for a year and a half and I dont even think I have my social security number written anywhere anymore (not something I thought I would need again!) and even if I did do they really check into things like tax history and such or is it more of a means to identify you if they cant with passport numbers or addresses?

Cheers,

J

Guest eurosyl

As far as I understood it before it is mainly used to see what police clearances you have to provide. It is asking where you have lived in the past 10 years. In most countries you get only one unique ID number, that uniquely identifies you and links you to everything. In NL you do get a new passport number for each passport you obtain, and I only knew the last 3 I had. I just added a note that I held earlier passport, did not know the numbers and that they were all issued in NL.

I filled the form out before it was requested and it was accepted without further questions asked.

Sylvia

Archived