TRA help!

Becki

Hi Everyone,

Finally got the AQFIII back and started the application for the TRA (OH a chef/cook) Just wondered if there was any other people on here who've done the AQF and then applied for TRA down the Pathway E route? So far I have put down City & Guilds 7061 and NVQ Level 2 as vocational training and AQF as workplace skills assessment - is this correct?! Then its just the description - do I just need to include everything he's ever done from start to finish, equipment, duties etc? I'm just unsure of how much info i need to give as i've done alot of this for the AQF already :wacko:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Becki

Guest chris_mac

Hi Becky

Usually once you have the AQF Cert III you still need to demonstate 4 years of relevant work experience. I would suggest you write as much as you can no matter how trivial but it must be relevent... Sending to much is better than not enough.

I have added the link to the TRA for your information.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...tember2007.pdf

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Chris Mac

Guest Ryback
Hi Everyone,

Finally got the AQFIII back and started the application for the TRA (OH a chef/cook) Just wondered if there was any other people on here who've done the AQF and then applied for TRA down the Pathway E route? So far I have put down City & Guilds 7061 and NVQ Level 2 as vocational training and AQF as workplace skills assessment - is this correct?! Then its just the description - do I just need to include everything he's ever done from start to finish, equipment, duties etc? I'm just unsure of how much info i need to give as i've done alot of this for the AQF already :wacko:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Becki

Hi Becki

We have done this for Cook/Chef with the AQFIII as the first attempt at TRA failed as they would not accept his City and Guilds quals. Anyway we submitted loads of info including references from employers going back a few years and some statements from people who used to work with him. - We got a positive TRA in Feb this year !!!! Good luck

Ryback

Thanks for the info, will make sure I submit as much detail as possible. Can only get hold of 3 references but altogether this totals employment of 6 and half years so hope this is enough with the detailed job description and c&g/nvq certificates, the other 2 companies he's worked for don't exist anymore! I thought once you had the AQF your City & guilds were not as relevant - how wrong was I!?

When they say they want all the docs certified does that mean every single page? and once you've had them certified can you take a copy of this and send that? I'm probably being a bit blonde here but if I had to get all the documents certified and then again for the ss/visa etc it will cost a fortune!

Becki

Guest hazeotoole

Certified documents can be scanned over so you will still have a copy if need be for further requests, as for the form for TRA description my hubbie detailed from start to finish everything he has done the last 5 years in the kitchen (including college) every little thing he has done and if you have most of it typed for the AFQ you can copy and paste it in if its relevent if you need anything else just shout!

Thanks everyone, think i'm just worrying a little, just don't want to get it wrong. Well it's almost ready to send so i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed! I'll let you know the outcome hopefully in a few weeks.

Also does anyone know which courier is the cheapest to send all the info to Oz?

Becki

Guest mattyjc

I wrote a list of what jobs i've done along with what materials and equipment used going back as far as possible and the got my supervisor to sign it as being a true reflection of my skills, add all apprasials and if you have a job description in your contract add that as well. Dont know myself fully as the TRA recieved my application today.

I found that royal mail will charge about £10 for a large packup of docs. it's signed for but not really tracked once its out of the country mine took about a week to arrive in sydney.

Good luck.

Archived