Evisitor help???

jb213

Hey,

I am in Australia on a working hoiday visa at the moment and only have a couple of months left but have recently decided that I'd like to stay longer but don't have time for fruit picking! I spoke to someone from visa and immigration and they said my best bet was to leave the country and get an evisitor visa but am really worried I will leave and not be able to come back!! Does anyone know how easy they are to obtain and any reasons why they might refuse?

Thanks!

Guest siamsusie
Hey,

I am in Australia on a working hoiday visa at the moment and only have a couple of months left but have recently decided that I'd like to stay longer but don't have time for fruit picking! I spoke to someone from visa and immigration and they said my best bet was to leave the country and get an evisitor visa but am really worried I will leave and not be able to come back!! Does anyone know how easy they are to obtain and any reasons why they might refuse?

Thanks!

I am sure that someone will pick up on this with more experience. Coming back in on a 3 month visa (bear in mind that your working visa will be visible to Immigration) I would have thought if you are able to prove that you will not work, that you have a return ticket and adequate funds to support yourself then you shouldnt have too many problems. An e visa is easy to obtain, it comes thro in a few hours but has to be done off shore . Not sure where you are in Aus. but Bali is 3 hrs from perth, and they are launching this week a new special with Jetstar for $239 o/w.

Jetstar offers daily Perth-Bali* services via expanding international hub - etravelblackboard.com

Happy travels ss

I am sure that someone will pick up on this with more experience. Coming back in on a 3 month visa (bear in mind that your working visa will be visible to Immigration) I would have thought if you are able to prove that you will not work, that you have a return ticket and adequate funds to support yourself then you shouldnt have too many problems. An e visa is easy to obtain, it comes thro in a few hours but has to be done off shore . Not sure where you are in Aus. but Bali is 3 hrs from perth, and they are launching this week a new special with Jetstar for $239 o/w.

Jetstar offers daily Perth-Bali* services via expanding international hub - etravelblackboard.com

Happy travels ss

Thanks siamsusie!

Thats a really great help. What sort of evidence do you think I could provide to prove I won't work, will the adequate funds be enough?

Thanks again :)

Guest siamsusie

jb, I think if you can verify that you have sufficient funds for hostels, hotels, and daily subsistence to last say for 3 months, (bank statements, credit cards etc) or that you will be staying with checkable friends or family with sufficient funds then you should be ok, and with a return ticket.

Archived