13 hr stop at Changi Singapore

Guest Jolaaled

Guest Jolaaled

Hi all

My 19 yr old daughter will be travelling on her own to Sydney in September and i'm trying to get the cheapest flight for her. Although she's travelled with me to Sydney a number of times, this is the first time on her own and she's a bit nervous about stopovers and what to do. Sadly, on the cheapest flights, there is a 13 hour stopover at Changi, Singapore.

Does anyone have any tips for how she may best spend the time at the airport without getting too freaked out!!!

many many thanks to all you helpful people on this site.

Guest proud2beaussie

Changi Airport is widely acknowledged as the best airport in the world,there is heaps of shopping,a swimming pool on the roof and a transit hotel if she wants a quick nap.

Website here:

Welcome to Changi Airport

Guest someoneitsme

About Singapore its one of the safest place on this earth i guess .. as i been living here past 8 yrs.. and enjoy my stay in here..Bascaily there is a lot of things to do... in here .. If she is reaching here in morning ... she can just hop to the city .. there r direct train ( MRT) from changi airport.. spend some time on shopin as Girls always like that stufff.. or get some food try the local delights food .. at anywher in city.. 13 hrs will be gone very soon..

I m also planning to migrate to Aussie soon.. just waiting for the visa.. hope by end of this month i get some good news..

if u need further info... u can check out this website..

www.visitsingapore.com

www.changiairport.com.sg

SMRT Website - Network Map

If need more information feel free to drop me a message

Guest proud2beaussie

I would also be checking out other fares-Singapore Airlines has a sale at the moment and I am sure that with a bit of digging I can match the fare that you have been quoted and find a much more reasonable stopover time,13 hours is OTT in my opinion,Changi airport is great but not that great !lol.

Let me know which airline the quote is with and I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Its a great airport with free cinema and showers for about 15 Singapore dollars. It is safe and she will be fine, there is lots to do as the above posts say. Dont worry xx

Archived